Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

septic tank smell???

• 19-06-2010 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,251 ✭✭✭✭

just wondering if its normal to occasionally get a smell from the septic tank (depending on the breeze :)). its a puraflo system so no vents as such. the concrete lids however are not sitting 100% correctly (long story) so there is a little gap that i suspect might be letting smell out? just wondering if systems with vents also let out an odour occasionally? and is my odour due to the lids?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,251 ✭✭✭✭km79

anyone??? smell may also be coming from the vented pipe at the roof????
    basically i guess im asking is no matter what type of septic tank should you ever get any odour from it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Unless you sh1t smells of roses its likely there is going to me a bad smell from the vent pipe. There is gases produced from the breakdown of the contents inside.

Advertisement