Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Penneys---serious lack of Large!

• 19-06-2010 10:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭

Was in Penneys O'Connell St and Henry St and they both had a serious lack of Large t-shirts in Mens Dept. Anyone else notice this??? Overabundance of XS, S, M and XLs though. Very weird.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Its the most common mens size. It would stand to reason they run out of it first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Jumpy wrote: »
    Its the most common mens size. It would stand to reason they run out of it first.

I mean there were racks full to the brim with all the other sizes, and Ls only dotted around the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

It's the same with ladies size 14/16. Always out of it first and racks and racks of size 8's left

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

It's the same with ladies size 14/16. Always out of it first and racks and racks of size 8's left
    It's the opposite in my local Penney's.

Feck all 8's and plenty of 12+.

I have to really root to find a size 8 and even when I do find a size 8, there's no guarantee it'll fit me so I have to try everything on. It's off how some size 8 clothes from Penney's fit me and some don't, I can't understand it.:o:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

In fairness, I find the "M" size in Penney's to be large. Their "L" size is really XL.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Jumpy wrote: »

I'm surprised at that, I would have though it'd be medium.

I agree with tenchi-fan, L in Pennys is XL elsewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Not really a Consumer Issue.

Moved to Fashion & Appearance

dudara

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Penney always have tons of size 12s left over. Order more 14-16s damn it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

tenchi-fan wrote: »
    In fairness, I find the "M" size in Penney's to be large. Their "L" size is really XL.

Their Slim Fit L T-shirts are perfect for a skinny frame like mine :) The Mediums I find are good around the chest, but too short for 6ft+

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Try being a size 8 in Penneys. I once asked the girl working there why there were only size 16 and 18 left and she said they only have 2 size 8s in a box.And I mean the Penneys size 8 is like a size 10 or 12 anywhere else, so an 8 is practically too big anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Try being a size 8 in Penneys. I once asked the girl working there why there were only size 16 and 18 left and she said they only have 2 size 8s in a box.

Nah that's not true. 8s and 10s have the most, usually 12-15 per box depending on how many are in the box in total.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I'm surprised at that, I would have though it'd be medium.
    Since there are far more overweight people than underweight I would think L would be the best seller. esp. with mens t-shirts as many would not bother trying them on, so a guy who could/should wear a medium could happily wear a large, but not the other way around, so large is a safe bet.
    The Mediums I find are good around the chest, but too short for 6ft+
    Yes, I was getting medium but after a few washes they shrank too much and are quite short. I like lengthy t-shirts.

Advertisement