Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snowboarding recommendations

Options
  • 19-06-2010 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

can anyone recommend a good spot for snowboarding for beginners at new years?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 spiderlover

France is good for snowboarding, Les Praz des Lys is good and its cheap, its the first place i went snowboarding!

Valmeinier 1800 is good to, has some really nice greens and blues:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

If you're just Beginning all you need is mellow slope with some snow on it and a good instructor. Ignore number of runs you won't be getting up to the higher/steeper ones. Look for price and accomodation - try find a place with a bath, good feedback on instructors -it's worth paying for lessons you'll learn in one holiday istead of two or three. Livigno in Italy and Andorra are usually cheapest. And buy or make impact shorts/ass pads.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 157 ✭✭pmccormack

I went on my first snow board holiday this year to Bulgaria. It is cheap as chips and we learnt loads in the week slopes are limited but in general there was enough to keep us going for the week and you can push yourself most of the slopes where quiet for the first few days as the skiers stay low near the resort.

It was Pamporovo we were in and despite some of the reviews I read before we went we had a great time and loads of Snow. That said for new years snow maybe scarce as our instructor said there main season and best snow seems to be end of jan, Feb and March in recent years.

Advertisement