Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'good Iphone games' thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭Polar101

Angry Birds
    Peggle
    Plants vs Zombies
    Critter Crunch

Best €6.96 I ever spent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,521 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Civilization Revolution is free today (down from $6.99). :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Princess Zelda

Mr E wrote: »
    Civilization Revolution is free today (down from $6.99). :eek:

That's not actually a bad game at all. Quite similar to the Ds version. Good for a quick blast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Just got Osmos, fantastic. Great game to play while lying down with the lights out

Yeah its great. Hate those orbit levels though. :)

• Advertisement

Monkey Island 2 Special Edition is down to €0.79 for a limited time (enhanced graphics and music, full talkie version).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Wow, some surprising omissions here!

Edge
    Stoneloops of Jurassica (clone of Zuma - was only available in US store)
    Ragdoll Blaster 2
    Tiki Towers (clone of World of Goo)
    Rogue Planet (clone of Advance Wars but quite slow and time consuming)

All worth checking out

Playing alot of Frag lately. Its a bit like Angry Birds (but with grenades and terrorists instead of birds and pigs). It's single screen with loads of levels, some great puzzles and a decent amount of skill is needed for high level rankings. Try the Lite version first, and I'm pretty sure you'll fork out for the full version at 79c.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭Polar101

Monkey Island 2 Special Edition is down to €0.79 for a limited time (enhanced graphics and music, full talkie version).

That's a great offer, I have the game on the PC but didn't mind paying 79 cents. iOS version seems to play much better than I expected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,961 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Playing alot of Frag lately. Its a bit like Angry Birds (but with grenades and terrorists instead of birds and pigs). It's single screen with loads of levels, some great puzzles and a decent amount of skill is needed for high level rankings. Try the Lite version first, and I'm pretty sure you'll fork out for the full version at 79c.

Recently got this too. Great game. Some levels are infuriating until you work out how to do it. Some great level design too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

. Robot Unicorn Attack in particular is possibly the best 'one joke' game that has ever existed. One more go, one more uber-camp unicorn running to an Erasure soundtrack :D
    Krieg wrote: »
    Hollllldddddd onnnnnnnn ♪♪ to the nigggggghhhhhhhhhttt ♪♪

This game is bloody brilliant.
    I'm sure the mrs is going to start wondering why I keep playing the same Erasure track on my longer visits to the jacks.

Another sale has kicked off today. Tons of good stuff there too. Osmos, Spider and Peggle are all €0.79 (and should be in everyone's collection)

Just grabbed Zenonia 2 and Peggle (again) ... If Ode to Joy doesn't put a smile on your face, then you're dead inside. :)

http://toucharcade.com/2010/09/30/massive-app-store-sale-on-major-iphoneipod-gaming-titles/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Shame not all the games listed there are on sale over here, would love to try Mirror's Edge IPhone cheap :(

Picked up Osmos and Geometry Wars anyway. Cheers for the link!

I got mirrors edge when it came out. It's a great version and a lot of fun, but far too easy.

I finished it over a weekend (playing a level here and there). You could probably finish it in an hour if you put your mind to it. There is some replayability with hidden bags and time trials, but I didn't bother. It was good to hear the lovely Lisa Miskovsky's title track again too....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I got mirrors edge when it came out. It's a great version and a lot of fun, but far too easy.

I finished it over a weekend (playing a level here and there). You could probably finish it in an hour if you put your mind to it. There is some replayability with hidden bags and time trials, but I didn't bother. It was good to hear the lovely Lisa Miskovsky's title track again too....

Yeah it sounds good, but maybe not 3.99 good (not that 3.99 is a lot of money, but still)! I'm sure it will be on sale at some point, it is the app store after all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

+1 on angry birds vote

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Balls! I was waiting for a peggle sale but 3 days ago said "feck it" and bought it for the 2.50, or whatever it was.

Also got fragger, great game. Very similar to angry birds as mentioned previously.

Bah, didn't realise Geometry Wars was IPad only :( Bobby Kotick tricked me out of 79c!

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭vestanpance

Naughty Bear free today here.

http://www.freegameoftheday.com/

Big EA Games sale on at the moment - lots of big games have dropped to $0.99 (€0.79)

http://toucharcade.com/2010/12/16/the-great-electronic-arts-99%C2%A2-sale-of-2010/

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I got Cut The Rope for the iPad but I believe it is available for the iPhone too. Its awesome fun... kind of a physics-based puzzler. It ate my life for several days.

DeV.

Yeah its a superb game.

In case you didn't know, Chillingo released a special Christmas Edition of Cut The Rope last week called "Cut the Rope: Holiday Gift". Its free, has another 25 unique levels, and some new seasonal gadgets to complicate things.... :)

Another great sale has started today, and for a good cause. The games below are now for sale at €0.79, with one third of earnings going to the charity Child's Play. You can read reviews here, but they're all worth grabbing IMO (especially Osmos - beautiful game)

Canabalt, by Semi Secret Software
    Solipskier, by Mikengreg
    Spider: The Secret of Bryce Manor, by Tiger Style Games
    Osmos, by Hemisphere Games
    Eliss, by Steph Thirion
    Drop7, by Area/Code Inc.

Piyo blocks 2 is free today (zookeeper clone, and a really damn good one too)

Wispin is free today (great pick up and play game - I bought it last week)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

To whoever suggested Game Dev Story - I hate you!!
    This is one of the biggest life leeches of a game that I've ever played, and I've played WoW ffs!:p
    Really good, but gets a bit too easy once you've got a decent team together and are developing for a machine with a big user base

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

do you have to buy games by credit card or can you use like a gift card sort of thing

Both. You can attach a credit card to your apple ID, or you can buy a gift card in shops like HMV to add credit to your account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Yep, you can get the iTunes vouchers all over the place these days (sure I've seen them in Tesco and Boots recently)

ah sweet cheers guys

• Advertisement

ipad making my psp go bye bye

Advertisement