Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'good Iphone games' thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,521 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Death worm free today. Pretty cool action game.

I've been playing a lot of Piyo Blocks 2 over Christmas. Myself and a friend of mine have been leapfrogging each others scores, and he has finally conceded defeat. :)

If anyone has it and is good at it, I'm heyheyaces on openfeint and game center. Send me an invite!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Solipskier is just awesome.

I don't always understand what exactly happened when I do well, but the sense of speed and enery is something else.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Oh and a heads up Mirrors Edge is free through the 12 Days of Christmas app today only!

Shame I caved and bought it a month or two ago. Deffo worth a look especially free!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I'm enjoying that and Broken Sword. Can't complain when free although they've probably convinced me to get Beneath a Steel Sky. Perfect games for an ipod.

Geared 2 is free at the moment, great puzzle game.

One game I'm playing a lot of at the moment is called Perfect Cell. Its kind of a mix of genres - action, stealth, puzzle, in a shadow complex style environment (2.5d side-scrolling lab/industrial complex).

You can play it offensively (killing everything), or with stealth (finding ways around without killing anything). Playing with stealth will add a ton of longevity to the game. 35 levels too, so its a decent length.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Perfect Cell looks great, thanks.

I really enjoyed Game Dev Story (mentioned earlier in this thread). Is their any games similar to this – perhaps RPG fantasy where you have to train skills tactically? (maybe not on the iPhone)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

im going to say this as camly as i can , TILT TO LIVE AND DONT BOTHER TRYING THE FREE TRAIL BUY THE GAME AND PLAY THE HARDEST MODE ITS A DRUG

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭vestanpance

Gameloft currently having a sale, games from (if not all) €0.79.

Splinter cell
    Fishing kings
    Assassins creed
    UNO
    Shrek kart
    Iron man 2
    Driver
    Spiderman
    Brothers in arms 2
    Rayman 2
    Lets golf 2
    Prince of Persia
    Zombie infection
    Bubble bash
    Real golf 2011
    Hero of Sparta 2
    Star battalion
    Oregon trail

Some games I've been playing lately...

Moviecat (currently free) - Its a movie quiz game with a cat theme. Very decent challenge (I still haven't managed to finish a game - you have 9 lives to get through about 25 rounds). There is a DLC pack of extra questions too. Try it if you like Scene It. (AppSpy Review)

League of Evil (€0.79, lite available) - The closest the app store has to Super Meat Boy. Great platform game with retro graphics and chip tunes. Each level has a hard to reach briefcase and a par time to beat to get 3 stars. Try the lite version..... (Trailer)

Puzzle Quest 2 (€3.99) - No introduction necessary. A great match 3 game with RPG trappings. Very addictive. Traversing the map can be a bit sluggish (compared to DS/console versions), but its still really good.

Dungeon Raid (€2.39) - For such a graphically unimpressive game, it is ridiculously deep and addictive. I got this last night and barely got off level 1 on my first game. After a few games I got to level 6 before dying and just wanted to start all over again. (Touch Arcade Review / Trailer)

Battleheart (€2.39) - a completely touch screen RPG, like a tower defense game crossed with an MMO (but a single player MMO). You have to manage a party of 4 players - a mixture of warriors, mages, clerics etc. while defeating waves of enemies. You get loot, experience, level up, get new equipment, work through a branching ability tree etc. Very slick game, and gets pretty frantic too. (Trailer)

Sacred Odyssey: Rise of Ayden (Free, IAP of €5.49 to unlock full game). Some people are calling it a zelda game for iOS. A big overworld, horseback riding, dungeons, a princess... its an easy comparison to make. Its probably nowhere near any of Nintendo's masterpieces, but makes a damn good try. You can play the tutorial quests for free, but need to pay for the full game to start the main quest. (Trailer)

Sega Sale on at the moment...

Altered Beast — $.99
    Chu Chu Rocket! – $.99
    Ecco The Dolphin — $.99
    Golden Axe — $.99
    Gunstar Heroes — $.99
    Phantasy Star II — $.99
    SEGA Columns Deluxe — $.99
    Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master — $.99
    Shining Force — $.99
    Sonic The Hedgehog — $2.99
    Sonic The Hedgehog 2 — $2.99
    Sonic The Hedgehog 4 — $2.99
    Sonic Spinball — $.99
    Streets of Rage — $.99
    Super Monkey Ball — $.99
    Super Monkey Ball 2 — $.99
    Space Harrier — $.99
    Virtua Fighter 2 – $.99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,742 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

any of those games any good. finished all the 3 stars on angry birds, got plants vs zombies today which is great fun.

Ooooooh, Capcom too.

All for €0.79:

Street Fighter 4
    Devil May Cry 4 Refrain
    Phoenix Wright
    Resident Evil 4
    Resident Evil 4 for iPad

2smiggy - grab Cut The Rope. Check youtube for videos.

25 new levels added today...

Oh, another publisher with a sale... (Namco) :)
    (Get Puzzle Quest 2!)

$4.99

* Puzzle Quest 2, (Universal)

$3.99

* TIME CRISIS 2ND STRIKE HD *, (iPad Only)
    * The Stroke of Midnight *, (iPad Only)

$2.99

* i Love Katamari
    * ACE COMBAT Xi Skies of Incursion
    * PAC-MAN Championship Edition
    * RIDGE RACER ACCELERATED
    * TIME CRISIS 2ND STRIKE
    * House of Glass *, (iPad Only)
    * Lost in Time: The Clockwork Tower *, (iPad Only)

$1.99

* PAC-MAN
    * PAC-MAN for iPad, (iPad Only)
    * Ms. PAC-MAN
    * Mishap
    * Mishap for iPad, (iPad Only)
    * More Brain Exercise with Dr. Kawashima
    * More Brain Exercise with Dr. Kawashima HD, (iPad Only)

99¢

* Time Crisis Strike
    * Galaga REMIX
    * DigDug REMIX
    * PAC-MAN REMIX
    * NOBY NOBY BOY, (Universal)
    * AVATWEE
    * PAC-CHAIN Compact
    * PAC-CHAIN, (iPad Only)
    * PAC-ATTACK
    * SPLATTERHOUSE
    * PAC-MANIA
    * Isaac Newton's Gravity
    * Mr. Driller
    * Pole Position: Remix
    * Star Trigon
    * Tamagotchi: 'Round the World

Picked up SFIV at 79c.

Obviously an abomination of the console version (one punch / one kick button! virtual joystick!) but at that price, for a fairly fully fledged SF portable game, that runs pretty smoothly, not too bad a gimmick for the bus. Won't be replacing SSFIV with a fightstick any time soon though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I just bought Mass Effect Galaxy for $0.99.

It is probably rubbish but I need a Mass Effect fix while I wait on ME2 to be patched on the PS3.

A couple of updates to this thread... I finally grabbed Infinity Blade to see what all the fuss was about, and now I see what all the fuss was about. Its a bloody brilliant game.

Two recent releases that are worth a look:

Land-a Panda. Made by the same guys who did the Piyo Blocks games (Big Pixel Studios). Its an action puzzle game that takes what I liked best about the Donkey Kong Country games (the barrel action) and makes a game out of it. They keep things fresh by introducing something new every 2 or 3 levels (new barrel types, new enemies). Finishing the levels isn't too hard - finishing all levels with 3 coins will take some work. Trailer. :)

Kami Retro: A mixture of the Incredible Machine and Lemmings. Another game with self contained levels, get to the exit, get 3 stars, but with chip tune music and retro blocky graphics. Very addictive. Trailer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Check out Battlehearts.

Great little RPG. I got it for 79c a while back but it's worth whatever they're asking for it.

think i already posted this but tilt to live guys is a addicting game spent days on it building a high score , also plant vs zombies fantastic game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Haven't seen it mentioned recently, but little wings is well worth checking out
    Incredibly simple, but it'll keep you coming back for "just one more quick go"

• Advertisement

Tiny Wings, yeah. Their achievement (nest upgrade) system is genius. Watch it being copied on lots of games over the next few months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I should really stop going on the interweb before I've woken up properly...
    Yeah, that's the part that keeps drawing me back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

think i already posted this but tilt to live guys is a addicting game spent days on it building a high score , also plant vs zombies fantastic game

That's one addictive game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Another vote for tiny wings, brilliant stuff.

Dingatron wrote: »
    That's one addictive game.

Indeed , red zone is the best mode

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Yeah thats a brilliant game, CG. I got stuck around the 6th city and never got back to it. Must give it another spin soon....

Chu Chu Rocket is free today.

So is Tiki Totems 2 (nice physics puzzler) and Squareball (minimalistic but addictive)

Bird Strike Gold Edition is also free for the day.

World of Goo should be out on the ipod in the next week or so (currently going through apple approval process)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Check out Battlehearts.

Great little RPG. I got it for 79c a while back but it's worth whatever they're asking for it.

Yeah, this sucked 12 hours of my life away – great game!

• Advertisement

Chu Chu Rocket is pretty great at the low low price of free :) Thanks for the tip, Sir E :)

Advertisement