Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'good Iphone games' thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Just checked app store. Puzzle quest 2 just came out!!!!!!!!!!

First one was brilliant on iPhone! I spent hours on it! Looks like a pure port from handhelds like Chinatown wars. For 4eu it's steel!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,521 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Came out around Christmas I think.. they released an update this week to enable multi player. Good game but I am stuck about 3 hours in....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Anyone played the 7th Guest port? Remember it from my early years but it's a massive file, not committing myself to downloading unless it's playable :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Just checked app store. Puzzle quest 2 just came out!!!!!!!!!!

First one was brilliant on iPhone! I spent hours on it! Looks like a pure port from handhelds like Chinatown wars. For 4eu it's steel!

It's beyond irritating!! It has to have some of the most horribly implemented touch controls I've ever seen... You need to have pinpoint accuracy just to move around the screen, but it doesn't really tell you where that pinpoint is, so you have to blindly stab at the place you want to move to...
    I loved PQ1, and even went as far as buying it on 3 different systems, so believe me when I say you should steer clear of this port!

tman wrote: »
    It's beyond irritating!! It has to have some of the most horribly implemented touch controls I've ever seen... You need to have pinpoint accuracy just to move around the screen, but it doesn't really tell you where that pinpoint is, so you have to blindly stab at the place you want to move to...
    I loved PQ1, and even went as far as buying it on 3 different systems, so believe me when I say you should steer clear of this port!
    Well I played alot of puzzle quest 1 on iPhone, controls look same as in first now too... I know there were not perfect, but they worked for me... They work on second too. So far good game and playable. Plus I prefer touchscreen for puzzle quest, then control stick of psp etc.

• Advertisement

For Cave shooter (bullet hell!) fans, their 3 ipod games are on sale for the next week.

Espgaluda II and Dodonpachi Resurrection are both €3.99 (down from €6.99)
    Mushihimesama Bug Panic is €0.79 (down from €3.99)

They need a 3rd gen ipod touch or iphone to work, download the lite versions first if you're not sure.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mr E wrote: »
    For Cave shooter (bullet hell!) fans, their 3 ipod games are on sale for the next week.

Espgaluda II and Dodonpachi Resurrection are both €3.99 (down from €6.99)
    Mushihimesama Bug Panic is €0.79 (down from €3.99)

They need a 3rd gen ipod touch or iphone to work, download the lite versions first if you're not sure.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Yell0 Man

Just noticed World of Goo is out on Thursday for 99c for 24 hours, then its up to 2.99, never played it on the PC but have always heard good things so will pick it up on the cheap.

http://www.next-gen.biz/news/world-of-goo-coming-to-iphone-this-week

Yell0 Man wrote: »
    Just noticed World of Goo is out on Thursday for 99c for 24 hours, then its up to 2.99, never played it on the PC but have always heard good things so will pick it up on the cheap.

http://www.next-gen.biz/news/world-of-goo-coming-to-iphone-this-week

It's a spectacular game, say it would lend itself well to touch screen controls! 99c you can't go wrong.

World of Goo is out now for €0.79.
    Jumps back to €2.39 tomorrow....

• Advertisement

Beyond Ynth (and Beyond Ynth HD for ipad) are free today.
    Clever little platform puzzler....

Start of the easter sales.... (get dead space!)

iPod Games
    Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - €0.79
    Dead Space - €0.79
    Dragon's Lair - €0.79
    Madden NFL 11 - €0.79
    Max and the Magic Marker - Review 3/4 - €0.79
    Monopoly - €0.79
    Mirror's Edge - €0.79
    NBA Jam - €0.79
    Need for Speed Hot Pursuit - €0.79
    Need for Speed Shift - €0.79
    Risk: The Official Game - €0.79
    The Simpsons Arcade - €0.79
    The Sims 3 Ambitions - €0.79
    Tetris - €0.79
    Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 - €0.79

iPad Games
    Command & Conquer: Red Alert for iPad - €0.79
    Dead Space - €0.79
    Max and the Magic Marker - €0.79
    Risk: The Official Game for iPad - €0.79
    Scrabble for iPad - €0.79

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Just got an iPad for my birthday, Zen Bound 2 is so good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Surprised this hasn't been updated lately.

Anyone find anything new and fun?

I'm playing two new releases from last week.

Bumpy Road is a randomly generated side scrolling platform with a lovely art style and an original control method (Trailer)

Storm in a Teacup is a nice little platform game that reminds me a bit of super meat boy (in level design - lots of precision jumps around moving traps), but it's a lot more sedate. Still very good though... (Trailer)

I'm also still trying to get my 5th gold cup in Flick Golf. Damn Scottish course is driving me nuts! Brilliant game though. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Surprised this hasn't been updated lately.

Anyone find anything new and fun?

You could check out the recommends from Kotaku;

kotaku.com/gamingappoftheday/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Well I bought the fantastic Destructopus

I love the look and old school music of it. Reminds me of Duke Nukem/Doom days

Super Stickman Golf free today. Great game!

http://www.freeappaday.com/napp.php?id=1205

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Super Stickman Golf free today. Great game!

http://www.freeappaday.com/napp.php?id=1205

Nice one!

The original is great so I'll be getting this.

Speedball 2 free today. :)

• Advertisement

A new game came out last night called Feed Me Oil - a combination of The Incredible Machine with some of the fluid mechanics from Fluidity on the Wii. Lovely game, and should keep me busy for a while! On some levels, the star ratings are tied into how many items you haven't used.... pretty clever.

Storm in a Teacup is a nice little platform game that reminds me a bit of super meat boy (in level design - lots of precision jumps around moving traps), but it's a lot more sedate. Still very good though... (Trailer)

Great little game – lots of nods to classic games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Anyone playing 1000 HEROZ?

As someone mentioned in the arcade & retro forum yesterday, the most addicting game of recent years - the sublime, transcendent Death Smiles - is coming to iOS soon.

Urge to upgrade ye olde 2nd gen touch rising...rising... Curse you Cave, you brilliant temptress!

Anyone playing 1000 HEROZ?

I liked it to start off with, but I'm not really crazy about the physics (they feel very spongey).

Really cool idea though (separate scoreboards for every level, and 1 new level unlocked every day).

As someone mentioned in the arcade & retro forum yesterday, the most addicting game of recent years - the sublime, transcendent Death Smiles - is coming to iOS soon.

Urge to upgrade ye olde 2nd gen touch rising...rising... Curse you Cave, you brilliant temptress!

I have the other 3 cave games, so I may have to add this to my collection. :)

Zombie Highway 79c

My Game Center ID is 1grizzly1, add me.

A game called 1-Bit Ninja is coming out tonight (11 GMT).
    No prizes for figuring out its influences, but it looks really cool. :)

It was awile I played something good on iPhone :( . I so want xperia play thought... World of emulators... Mmmmm...

• Advertisement

Eggvschiken it's free now and alot of fun lads!

Advertisement