Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Italy -v- New Zealand, RTÉ and ITV, 3.00pm

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

:):) Delighted

Well done New Zealand. Great effort, completely deserved. Ryan Nelson is a collassus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

WOW. JUST WOW!!!!

What a performance by NZ. Italy were rubbish.

I doubt there have been many more amazing shocks in World Cup history?

Fantastic stuff.

Well done NZ

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

It's painfully obvious Italy are missing a real number 10.

How he can justify not bring Cassano after that I have no idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Anyone would have told you before all this that the Italian squad was probably the weakest in living memory. It's not a huge surprise they were this awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Best result so far.

No way. Italy are hardly immense - look what we did!

The Swiss beating Spain took everyone by surprise. Bookies, punters, fans, neutrals.

prinz wrote: »
    Oh no, put your top back on luv :D

Get them out, get them out !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Seaneh wrote: »

And any sense of backbone and drive to win. Don't think not having a real no. 10 is teh only problem for Italy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

redout wrote: »
    No way. Italy are hardly immense - look what we did!

The Swiss beating Spain took everyone by surprise. Bookies, punters, fans, neutrals.

I was going for Spain in that though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Europes big guns are old and rusty.

Team Wellington get home crowds of 17,000 it was said on ITV they'll not be able to sell enough tickets next time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Great result, thoroughly deserved draw. Up there with one of the all time shocks of the WC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

The big European teams have been embarrassing so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Even if NZ don't go through, they have truly earned their WC finals birth!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

LOL at the New Zealand manager losing his clubjob before the WC. D'OH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭monosharp

Delighted for the kiwi's, I know most people aren't enjoying this WC but I'm finding it great. Big teams getting shocked all over the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Awesome defensive display from NZ.
    Bloody brilliant result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

All whites ya legends

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

What a result.

The way this WC is going, only Argentina & Holland as no 1 seeds will get through.

Uruguay v North Korea final anyone?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

The hilarious thing is that Italy are still probably going to advance after all of this and might even get first in their group, unlike France who are (almost) definitely out because of one very bad result against a very good team. How unfair...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Anyone would have told you before all this that the Italian squad was probably the weakest in living memory. It's not a huge surprise they were this awful.

They are weak after Pirlo, Gattuso and Buffon are out of the side. If they were still in the team I think Italy would have 6 points now. IMO Del Piero or Totti should have still been included.

The hilarious thing is that Italy are still probably going to advance after all of this and might even get first in their group, unlike France who are (almost) definitely out because of one very bad result against a very good team. How unfair...

I would love to see a Holland- Italy last 16, and Holland winning! Very likely now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Great to see the Italians humbled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

What happens if NZ and the Italians both play a draw in their last game, they would be tied for second with the same goal difference?

jester77 wrote: »
    What happens if NZ and the Italians both play a draw in their last game, they would be tied for second with the same goal difference?

coin toss! Unbelievable as it sounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Lots are drawn I believe.

• Advertisement

Seaneh wrote: »

Totti, Balotelli, etc.

Lippi is clueless and living in the past. The likes of Zambrotta, Cannavaro, etc do not give two frigs about playing for Italy anymore. Their performances have been consistantly awful since they last won the World Cup. Other players like Marchisio and Pepe don't even deserve to be in the team, let alone starting after the seasons they've had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

The Italians go through on alphabetical order :cool:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

France got SA as first seeds, which was very lucky

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

What about goals for, doesn't that come into play?

Italy and New Zealand.... after three matches at the highest level the only thing that could separate them was the flip of a coin. :rolleyes:

CorkMan wrote: »
    They are weak after Pirlo, Gattuso and Buffon are out of the side.
    You obviously never watched Milan last season.

Gattuso is finished - some of his performances for Milan last season were embarassing.

Pirlo can still play when he wants, but he's getting increasingly more erratic. If you play him, it really is 50:50 whether you get a good performance or not.

It's ridiculous that Milan's best midfielder last season, Ambrosini, isn't even considered for a provisional squad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,817 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I would love to see a Holland- Italy last 16, and Holland winning! Very likely now.

Yeah, Italy and Paraguay both to win the next match is still most likely. Italy will go through as second of the group.

Holland have a checkered history against Italy though in the final 8 / 16. Remember Euro 2000? Semi final and the Dutch played fantastic football, the Italians hadn't a chance. Holland got many chances. They got 2 penalties during regular playtime, which they both missed. Ended up 0-0 and the Italians won the penalty shoot-out with the Dutch missing a further 3 penalties :(

unkel wrote: »
    Yeah, Italy and Paraguay both to win the next match is still most likely. Italy will go through as second of the group.

Holland have a checkered history against Italy though in the final 8 / 16. Remember Euro 2000? Semi final and the Dutch played fantastic football, the Italians hadn't a chance. Holland got many chances. They got 2 penalties during regular playtime, which they both missed. Ended up 0-0 and the Italians won the penalty shoot-out with the Dutch missing a further 3 penalties :(

Yeah, I really want to see Holland win a World Cup, but past matches like that means I won't be too optimistic about them during the knockout stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

http://worldcupdailyblog.com/2010/06/20/the-upsets-continue-as-new-zealand-hold-azzurri/

Match report. Aghh.. Lippi needs to make changes. I think that the fundamentals are actually quite sound for Italy but replacing Gilardino and Pepe in the next starting line-up is essential. They've had their chances, they've failed to impress. Start Toto and Camoranesi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Well done NZ (my adopted team before the tournament). I never expecting anything other than an Italy win today and in the end NZ almost snatched a famous win.

I hope this will put to bed any of the complaint from people who say NZ don't deserve to be there just because of their relatively easy path to the finals.

Advertisement