Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dual->Single for gaming

Options
  • 20-06-2010 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭

Hey lads, just wondering if there is an option/method with the nVidia CP/Other to black the secondary monitor while I play on the primary? My sh1tty GPU cant keep up:|

Thanks,
    Lethal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,405 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I know ATI catalyst lets you switch profiles on the fly. With the nvidia control panel i dont know. You may just need to remember to manually disable the 2nd monitor output before you run a game. Normally what I did on my laptop - though most of the time that just meant yanking a cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Overheal wrote: »
    I know ATI catalyst lets you switch profiles on the fly. With the nvidia control panel i dont know. You may just need to remember to manually disable the 2nd monitor output before you run a game. Normally what I did on my laptop - though most of the time that just meant yanking a cable.

But won't that cause windows to resort to single monitor and mess up all my icons?

If you have icons split between the 2 monitors yes.

not a problem I'd regularly encounter. Especially not since vista revamped the startbar.

Yeah, I have a good few(>30), mainly on the secondary.

TF2 is also bugging about minimizes, but that seems to be an inherent problem.

I've knocked down the AA and filtering and its running OK, but it seems a waste to give resources to the secondary.

run \tfs.exe -window -noborder

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »
    run \tfs.exe -window -noborder

Its hl2.exe :p

Motherf@cker, put that into the boot options section of the game prop in steam, works perfectly.

Thank you kindly overheal, you absoloute leg end:)

and an awesome foot at that

Advertisement