Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are the laws surrounding noise polution from house/car alarms?

Options
  • 20-06-2010 1:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Is there any way i can make a complaint about house/car alarms going off? It had always annoyed me whilst in rented accommodation but now that I'm a home owner i feel more annoyed about it as i cannot move away from the situation. Problem is it's probably not any one house/car alarm that's consistently causing this problem. It is very annoying as it happens regularly. Right this minute (nearly 2 AM) there has been an alarm going off for more than an hour. Are there laws surrounding this issue and if so how would I best go about it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

you can complain to the council re noise, i think alarms have a set time that they can make noise for.i never experienced house alarms going off ,and i have lived in 5 different parts of dublin.MAYBE its worse in posh areas where every home has an alarm.
    there should be a timer on the alarm set to 15mins max for house alarms in my opinion, if some1 doesnt ring the gardai after 15 mins the,ll never ring them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

ricman wrote: »
    you can complain to the council re noise, i think alarms have a set time that they can make noise for.

that depends when the alarm was installed.

Advertisement