Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pink Concert

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Kess73 wrote: »
    Nobody is. As I said earlier it was only a couple of local skangers showing themselves up as the scum they are.

Nobody is trying to say that there were loads of people fighting or anything like that. But it made the national news this morning, so I figure it is better to acknowledge it as a small fight between two or three pieces of local trash rather than have it sound like it was a big brawl worthy of being on the news this morning.

From what I can tell pretty much everyone who was not there is saying it sounded like a great gig, and those that were there are confirming that it was a great gig.

what news was it on. Pretty sad if they have to report that incident. Cant say i heard ore read about it anywhere except the Limerick leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

vkid wrote: »
    what news was it on. Pretty sad if they have to report that incident. Cant say i heard ore read about it anywhere except the Limerick leader.

It was on Ireland AM this morning. So for anyone who only had that tv show as their guide, it could sound worse than it was, seeing as it made the news on a tv show.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

there was mention of a scrap on twitter last night. think it was two chavettes which was promptly ended not long after it started

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

It was on Ireland AM this morning. So for anyone who only had that tv show as their guide, it could sound worse than it was, seeing as it made the news on a tv show.

meh, any bad publicity for Limerick is newsworthy usually. Fights at gigs are nothing new, seen at least one scuffle at most big gigs I've ever been to, theres always some drunk twat who has to prove something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

figured it was them or Newstalk alright. With everything going on in the country this is all they have to report??

this country's media is a joke!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

vkid wrote: »
    figured it was them or Newstalk alright. With everything going on in the country this is all they have to report??

this country's media is a joke!

No arguement from me on that score.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

krudler wrote: »
    meh, any bad publicity for Limerick is newsworthy usually. Fights at gigs are nothing new, seen at least one scuffle at most big gigs I've ever been to, theres always some drunk twat who has to prove something

The only reason it was on the news is cause pink stopped the song and was like ah stop fighting...otherwise no one would of even known about it.. I

It was a great concert, she was unreal, really interacts with the crowd..There was a really nice atmosphere at it, felt like a kind of festival atmosphere everyone was just dancing away and enjoying themselves..

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭mitresize5

from a bloke who was dragged along by the missus I really enjoyed it .... she puts on one hell of a good show

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭cyberspi

found a good vid here of the last song.. was a fantastic night!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMi8OfrC8T8

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

cyberspi wrote: »
    found a good vid here of the last song.. was a fantastic night!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMi8OfrC8T8

Holy crap, she can fly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭pink100

Totally enjoyed it...even got to touch the hamster ball over my head...Loved when Butchwalker came on stage with her..and that young guy who I reckon hasn't washed himself since last night when she kissed him.....this is the 3rd funhouse gig I have been to and she is amazing...:D even got the husband to say he really enjoyed it..

• Registered Users Posts: 31,840 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Was just a few drunk skankers showing themselves up as the scum they are. They will probably be as proud as punch that their fight made the national news this morning.

I doubt if it took away from what sounded like a great gig for the thousands of other people there though.

Thomond Park/City Officials should really pull their fingers out though and have more than two or three concerts a year at Thomond Park though. Getting Pink to play in Limerick was a big step in the right direction imho, in terms of getting a younger act.

They are only allowed 2 acts for the first few years from what I've heard.

Elton and Rod last year were "safe" acts in regards to the type of crowd they'd be pulling in. Wouldn't get much hassle, if any at all, at those gigs.

I hope they find a medium though. I'd much rather Bob than Pink myself so I think they have got it quite right.

Two of my friends were at Pink and they said she is amazing and I've heard this from my Aunt who has seen her twice before too. Fair play to her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭limericklassy

I thought butch and pink were brill..The fight thing was nothing and if the media picked up on it, it was a very slow news day..

the only issue was the lack of toilets available for us women, and they weren't supervised..

Great to have an artist play in limerick and not be drawing the pension!!

Also great not having to travel up to Dublin..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Not nice but this is my experience and i'm a little sad to post it.
    There was a shameful amount of knackers there in fairness. I was worried that something would happen and Pink would be left with a memory of Limerick to compound what she probably heard about our city before playing.
    I had people here visiting from another country and was really embarrassed with what they had to see.
    That fight she intervened in happened right up at the right side of the stage. That was one that was reported on because she stopped singing to comment on it.
    I was out at the very centre of the pitch toward the left (in the direction of the toilet or the old entrance for players) and a fight between knacker girls broke out there. One of my friends visiting scurried behind me as it was a foot or two away from us and I mean to say, the boxing and ounching of one girls face we seen. I never girls behaved like that. It was awful for a visitor to see and I was f*cking livid that this would happen right in front of my guests. Before Butch started playing, there was another episode in front of us where some scanger in a wife beater top was pulling his thrashy girlfriend around the place arguing and hammered drunk.
    Anyway, about 30 minutes afterthe fight Pink stopped singing for, we ended up deciding to leave because there was a bunch of knacker girls in front of us banging into one of my friends on purpose. When two fairly ordinary looking girls (around late twenties) walked in front of said knackers one of them said "am, d'ya mind moving outta my ****ing way liiiike?" and it was at that poiont I said to my group, come on, best we leave now, i'll explain later. :(

I have seen pink before in Fizgerald Stadium in Killarney and loved her (I'm a guy) and was really looking forward to this one in my home city. As i said, I was worried about the types it would bring out as you can't screenwho buys tickets and who doesn't.

The performance for what I seen was great, it was really nice to see the effort she put in considering how Lazy Elton's setup was when I last seen a performance there.

in the future, they are going to have to be careful who they bring there for performances. If someone like Pink ever played there in the future, as much as I like that music and type of entertainment, I would either not go or would buy a ticket up in the stands (where I was for Elton)

F*cking knackers in this town...I truly hate them for ruining everything for the rest of us!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Not nice but this is my experience and i'm a little sad to post it.
    There was a shameful amount of knackers there in fairness. I was worried that something would happen and Pink would be left with a memory of Limerick to compound what she probably heard about our city before playing.
    I had people here visiting from another country and was really embarrassed with what they had to see.
    That fight she intervened in happened right up at the right side of the stage. That was one that was reported on because she stopped singing to comment on it.
    I was out at the very centre of the pitch toward the left (in the direction of the toilet or the old entrance for players) and a fight between knacker girls broke out there. One of my friends visiting scurried behind me as it was a foot or two away from us and I mean to say, the boxing and ounching of one girls face we seen. I never girls behaved like that. It was awful for a visitor to see and I was f*cking livid that this would happen right in front of my guests. Before Butch started playing, there was another episode in front of us where some scanger in a wife beater top was pulling his thrashy girlfriend around the place arguing and hammered drunk.
    Anyway, about 30 minutes afterthe fight Pink stopped singing for, we ended up deciding to leave because there was a bunch of knacker girls in front of us banging into one of my friends on purpose. When two fairly ordinary looking girls (around late twenties) walked in front of said knackers one of them said "am, d'ya mind moving outta my ****ing way liiiike?" and it was at that poiont I said to my group, come on, best we leave now, i'll explain later. :(

I have seen pink before in Fizgerald Stadium in Killarney and loved her (I'm a guy) and was really looking forward to this one in my home city. As i said, I was worried about the types it would bring out as you can't screenwho buys tickets and who doesn't.

The performance for what I seen was great, it was really nice to see the effort she put in considering how Lazy Elton's setup was when I last seen a performance there.

in the future, they are going to have to be careful who they bring there for performances. If someone like Pink ever played there in the future, as much as I like that music and type of entertainment, I would either not go or would buy a ticket up in the stands (where I was for Elton)

F*cking knackers in this town...I truly hate them for ruining everything for the rest of us!

This isn't just a Limerick thing. It happens at gigs all over the country, its honestly just what you have to expect really. Ive been to countless gigs in Dublin and other places and you always get a level of undesirables who cause hassle, its common really. Anyway, sounded like the event was a huge success so hopefully Aiken promotions can continue to get high profile acts for TP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Was thinking the only hope would be to buy Stand Tickets - But are they all fully allocated?

- Could you be worse of then as if you ended up beside a gang of Scumbags you'd be stuck with them and have no option to relocate?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

I was there and was behind the skangers that started fighting. I was actually right beside them but moved before Pink came on cos they looked a right shower - knew they'd be trouble. Muppets have had their five minutes of fame, sure they are delighted with themselves.

Massive thumbs up to Pink though cos she embarrassed them by pointing out their foolishness.

Anyway to the gig, bloomin' excellent. Hockey were meh but Butch and the Black Widows were a great warm up act. I've been to a lot of gigs and Pink certainly interacts with a crowd better than anyone I've seen. She has a great voice and did some stunts etc without been tacky.

Great entrance as well - fair play to her for coming to Limerick. Hope to see her back.

Used to listen to her music and have three of her albums but after Sunday I've gone from a casual listener to a massive fan.

Maire2009 wrote: »
    I was there and was behind the skangers that started fighting. I was actually right beside them but moved before Pink came on cos they looked a right shower - knew they'd be trouble. Muppets have had their five minutes of fame, sure they are delighted with themselves.

Massive thumbs up to Pink though cos she embarrassed them by pointing out their foolishness.

Anyway to the gig, bloomin' excellent. Hockey were meh but Butch and the Black Widows were a great warm up act. I've been to a lot of gigs and Pink certainly interacts with a crowd better than anyone I've seen. She has a great voice and did some stunts etc without been tacky.

Great entrance as well - fair play to her for coming to Limerick. Hope to see her back.

Used to listen to her music and have three of her albums but after Sunday I've gone from a casual listener to a massive fan.

Butch sang one very good song where he got very emotional, any idea what it was?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Acapella

Pink! http://bit.ly/9xc4Dg It gets especially good 10 seconds in - and just gets better after!

http://twitter.com/PEREZHILTON

Perez Hilton has heard about the fight- Seen this a few days ago and surprised no one seen it on here! Personally think it has been blown way way out of proportion. I myself was in the pit but on the left hand side of the stage, the fight occured on the right. But as everyone knows if your right at the front then there will be pushing and shoving but this obviously get intense!

I am a proud Limerick citizen and unfortunately at such events I would be on high alert for knackers and of course staying out of their way. It comes with the territory and it is obviously wrong on so many levels but thats society in Limerick currently. Hopefully it will change in the future because Limerick has so much potential and the people in charge of the city have underestimated its beauty and the decent people that live here.

But the concert was AMAZING totally unreal. What a show!! And I gather from Pinks Twitter she truly enjoyed herself as well!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Butch sang one very good song where he got very emotional, any idea what it was?

Sorry I can't remember which one it was. I was so taken with the guy that looked like Austin Powers ha ha.

My friend was really into them though and she might remember so I'll ask her and report back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

If I knew how to post a pic on boards I'd post a few pics of Pink coming out of the Savoy Hotel on Henry Street on her way to Thomond Park. But I don't. So I can't.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

upload them to flickr.com and post the links up here

If I knew how to post a pic on boards I'd post a few pics of Pink coming out of the Savoy Hotel on Henry Street on her way to Thomond Park. But I don't. So I can't.

Prob easier and quicker to just go to http://tinypic.com/ - It'll allow you to upload by browsing to your pics on the Desktop, My Documents etc. Then when it gives you your own link just click the insertimage.gif icon and copy and paste in the link ;)

1zq38g0.jpg
    znx388.jpg
    258x95f.jpg

Maire2009 wrote: »
    Sorry I can't remember which one it was. I was so taken with the guy that looked like Austin Powers ha ha.

My friend was really into them though and she might remember so I'll ask her and report back.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Great pics goingpostal!

Great pics goingpostal!

Don't thank me. Thank the person whose facebook page I robbed them from!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Have Zero interest in Pink but gotta say its great seeing
    more artists/performers like this coming to Little ol Limerick.
    From reading here and youtubing it seems like she really put on a great show.

I for one absolutly HATE the way you nearly always "had" to travel to Dublin for big Musical events/gigs/concerts. I for one would love to see that all change so when any big act came to Ireland they may also play Limerick.

~B

Hey - I keep on hearing that this Concert was rougher than the clumpy bits on a Badgers arse?

- Reports of People seeing 4-5 fights and having to relocate every 20 mins?

• Advertisement

Raiser wrote: »
    Hey - I keep on hearing that this Concert was rougher than the clumpy bits on a Badgers arse?

- Reports of People seeing 4-5 fights and having to relocate every 20 mins?

I love this city and I would always defend it where I see someone bad mouthing without cause but I am also critical where cirticism is due!
    I would agree with the comment on the rough dogs that were there, particularly skobe women.
    I spoke with a girl in work yesterday who said to me that she didn't really have a problem with all the skobes, she just moved to a different area whenever they were near. Which confirms what raiser has heard.
    I really would never go again to an act that would attract that kind of crowd unless I was in the stand. It was embarrassing to say the least.
    Lets face it, we have a serious amount of knackers and these types of gigs are

1) The only chance they get to come into contact with other people and have a drink in the company of normal people
    2) Is right up their street in terms of entertainment
    3) Is right on their doorstep

Advertisement