Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Gaming Mouse wanted, any advice?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭johanz

bubonicus wrote: »
    you're right of course, I probably should have put a :p at the end of my post.
    Yeah, then it would be clear :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

theres GODDAMN LAG in every GODDAMN wireless mouse. Seriously.

I've tried 3/4, including the so called lag-free G7. It's there! even if its only a couple of milliseconds, it's very noticeable for games that require twitchy split-seconds movements. Don't know how anybody can defend wireless mice for gaming. it just doesnt work at the moment.

because they play for fun.

When dealing with a handful of milliseconds its not that bad and hardly noticeable to most normal gamers. Only hardcore gamers will see the difference.

you sure its not your comp ;)

Rabies wrote: »

When dealing with a handful of milliseconds its not that bad and hardly noticeable to most normal gamers. Only hardcore gamers will see the difference.

Or internet. If you can notice mouse lag, you sure as hell should notice 50ms ping.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,309 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

johanz wrote: »
    Doesn't matter, if there's a lot of wireless devices, they start to interfere even if they use different channels each.
    Not in my own experience with a Wi-Fi'd up neighbourhood, a dual band router, cell phone, and wireless keyboard and mouse operating independently of eachother. They work mint. Im not sure exactly how much interference you're talking about. Do you keep uranium isotopes as paperweights? Using Ni-Cd or Ni-Mh batteries?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Rabies wrote: »

anyone who plays pc games as a 'normal gamer' isn't a true PC gamer then

• Advertisement

anyone who plays pc games as a 'normal gamer' isn't a true PC gamer then
    Anyone who plays any game as hardc00r 1337 pr0 is an idiot.
    I am so tired of people going all "lul i pwn u" "lol u nub" or stuff like that.

Being a pro at a videogame will not benefit you in any way, so you can stop bragging.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Being a pro at a videogame will not benefit you in any way, so you can stop bragging.

i knew it :)

the most important thing is to be comfortable with your setup. an old mate of mine used to wtfheadshot me all the time in UT and he was using a wireless G5 back in 2006 when wireless wasnt as good as it is today. the reason was he was comfortable with his setup. Its about the synergy between the player, the tools he is using and the game and spending bucket loads is not a sure fire way to fix that. half of a good mouse is the mousemat you are using, big numbers and stats dont really mean much if im tbh as the best way to get the most out of your mouse is by using settings way way lower then the advertised maximum.
    Rabies wrote:

winning is fun. when playing online you tend to want to win and you dont want to have a fault in the tools that you notice when playing. see above about synergy and comfort, you would be amazed what the brain notices and how you react to this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Wireless mice give very noticable lag, I can feel it, but I very much doubt it affects gameplay, it does annoy me though

Maybe when you're running 100+ fps? I never run anything that blazingly fast :P at 30fps Ive never noticed a damn thing, and switching to wireless never affected my standing on the scoreboard.

Off Topic: This is excellent and I want all of my peripherals to be Tron peripherals

http://gizmodo.com/5569832/tron-controllers-make-any-game-a-tron-game

Overheal wrote: »
    Maybe when you're running 100+ fps? I never run anything that blazingly fast :P at 30fps Ive never noticed a damn thing, and switching to wireless never affected my standing on the scoreboard.

Off Topic: This is excellent and I want all of my peripherals to be Tron peripherals

http://gizmodo.com/5569832/tron-controllers-make-any-game-a-tron-game
    Too bad it never looks as good in real life as it does in 3d render

• Advertisement

We'll see. I like the idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Dara Robinson

theres GODDAMN LAG in every GODDAMN wireless mouse. Seriously.

I've tried 3/4, including the so called lag-free G7. It's there! even if its only a couple of milliseconds, it's very noticeable for games that require twitchy split-seconds movements. Don't know how anybody can defend wireless mice for gaming. it just doesnt work at the moment.
    Your wrong mate. The G7 has no lag, its been tested to death by gamers and gamer mags and always voted one of the best mice out there, wireless or not.
    I know, I am an avid gamer and have used mine for years and years and never failed me once. Well not up until last year. But I mean, what wireless mouse lasts 5 years with no problems, plus the battery life is as good as it was day 1
    Fun fact, the more wireless equipment you have, the bigger lag will be because of all the interference.
    You have no idea what your talking about mate. Like Overheal mentioned they use different channels and since 05 they now break that down from frequency channels to smaller ones since the G7 has interference with wireless routers using 2.4ghz (which I just found out is whats wrong with the G7, so when I turn my Router off it will be fine)
    Doesn't matter, if there's a lot of wireless devices, they start to interfere even if they use different channels each.
    Not the case at all, what are you basing this knowledge on?
    bubonicus wrote: »
    I don't now if this is any good, but It looks class: -
    I have to say, its probably **** but it looks awesome :D

lol clearly you have no skills if 10yr olds are kicking your ass on a regular basis (cause its only 10yr olds who speak like that)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

@Overheal, you would notice any lag on your mouse @30fps, hell even at 50fps you wouldnt notice it. Since you're not getting the smoothest possible experience, you wouldnt need the smoothest of mouse movements to compliment it.
    Your wrong mate. The G7 has no lag, its been tested to death by gamers and gamer mags and always voted one of the best mice out there, wireless or not.
    I know, I am an avid gamer and have used mine for years and years and never failed me once. Well not up until last year. But I mean, what wireless mouse lasts 5 years with no problems, plus the battery life is as good as it was day 1

How can I be wrong when I HAD a G7? I threw it away for my trusty old G5 again

Advertisement