Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Classical Studies.

• 20-06-2010 9:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hey, just wondering if anyone has any predictions or general tips on studying? i'm doing alexader the great, plato's the republic, the three greek plays and augustan literature!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭chillian17

Im doing Alexander and The Three Greek plays too. Not looads of tips I can give you though to be honest =/ But if you find the other thread here called something like Excellent Leaving Cert Predictions the guy will be doing Classics as well, so hopefully he'll have something for us there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭RyanK

Sup Whitney :D

Just learn everything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 whitneymufc2010

the failure rate is 37% in pass:O i cant believe that! in honours its just under ten, why the hell is that??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 amlcig

ok i don't have exactly what you want, but i want to this classics thing in the independent academy and this is what's tipped in what i'm doing, i'm not one for predictions after what happened to all the exams this eyar, but it's actually impossible to do all of classics i think...ye average higher is a c! loads of people fail..
    ok so,

alexander- mutinies, conspiracies, malli, gedrosia, gaugamela, tyre, greek campaigns, persepolis, orientalism

roman a&a- trajan's column, the pantheon, painting, and ara pacis

greek plays- medea- creon and aegeus, prometheus- lack of human interest,
    oedipus- jocasta

ancient epic- the suitors, the gradual clarification of aenaes' mission, penelope, disguise and recognition in the odyssey, nisus and euryalas in aeneid

that's all i know...hope it helps

• Registered Users Posts: 9 bootsx

the failure rate is 37% in pass:O i cant believe that! in honours its just under ten, why the hell is that??

My teacher says that the reason the pass fail rate is so high is cos they ask way more precise questions and except far more precise answers. honours isnt exactly easy haah but you can get away with waffle easier so more people pass.

• Advertisement
Advertisement