Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet Broadband Increased Speeds ?

• 20-06-2010 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

With all the talk of the 100Mbps speeds that UPC will be delivering over the next few months I was wondering if magnet will be upping there speeds as well . I have 50Mb FTTH at the min for 50 euro a month and I hear that UPC will be delivering there 100Mb for around 70 euro. Has anyone heard any news on this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 technonerd

Magnets Fiber optic connection is capable of reaching up to 10gb/s, so they are more than capable of offering higher speeds than anyone else, but unfortunately they have ruined what is a great product by offering medicore speeds, when they could already be offering speeds of 100, 200, 500mb/s, it is a cat and mouse game with these companies "lets see what our competitors offer then we will offer slightly higher" etc.

Magnet are trialling 200mb/s FTTH, why it is a trial is beyond me, but they could easily be offering those speeds now.

http://www.siliconrepublic.com/news/article/16151/comms/magnet-to-start-trialling-200mbps-fibre-broadband

I also wish they would offer symmetrical connections (same speed down as up).
    My buddies from sweden use 100mb/s symmetrical fiber optic connections, but I suppose as this is Ireland we will either have to pay through the nose or wait years for speeds that can be given to us now!

Sorry for the Rant! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 7samurai

I would have gladly trialled that for them:D They are a def the best broadband provider I have used by far, very reliable service,no throttling, download and upload speeds as advertised and best of all its unlimited .

Might be getting greedy but 200Mb download and 100Mb upload would be perfect. Make it happen Magnet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 technonerd

Yes the sppeds they advertise is what you get, sometimes going over that speed, it is like "50mb/s and up" instead of "up to 50mb/s".

But they could be offering speeds in the 100's right now! Ohh well.

Advertisement