Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Product Design or Digital Media Design

Options
  • 20-06-2010 11:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi!
    I have been looking at Product Design and Digital Media Design in UL!
    I would like to get info on what the courses are about if anyone has done either of them? I would like to know what the work load is like, their opinion on the course and the student life in UL .
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭bonnieprince

Hi There

I am doing Product Design and just finished Yr2. PD is very engineering oriented, some materials, maths and engineering science modules, nothing too difficult in Yr1. Most of PD course is about generating ideas and concepts for products and using your model making skills to make finished models so if your good with drawing and handskills/tools this course would suit you.There is a good bit of skecthing/rendering in Yr1 with model making skills. Quiet a few of the modules are shared with DMD on the design side of things. Yr2 both courses share Photoshop/Illustrator modules.
    DMD is obviously the multimedia side of design, websites, graphics etc from what i have picked up.

hope this helps
    bp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 dinsea

Thanks so much for the info, it was helpful. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭bonnieprince

your welcome, hope you enjoy whatever you do!

Advertisement