Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Mechanic in South Side

Options
  • 20-06-2010 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I’m looking for a reasonable mechanic operating in the southside , preferably Blackrock /Mahon/Douglas area.

Anyone have a recommendation?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Ballinlough Motors on the Ballinlough Road... All my family have been using the place for over 20 years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

DJ Hafez wrote: »
    Ballinlough Motors on the Ballinlough Road... All my family have been using the place for over 20 years now.

+1

my dad was dealing with them because i was away on holidays but he said they are good, very helpful and cheap enough aswell,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Derek in Passage West is great

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

Milly33 wrote: »
    Derek in Passage West is great

Is that a garage ?

Would I lie :)..Yep it is ill send you on his number there..

• Advertisement

Derek O' Brien, can't miss his garage friving through passage if you're looking for it. He has it well signaged :)

Thats the chap, really good and well priced he wont rip you off

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭moceri

I have lived in Passage West for over 40 Years. Derek is cheap, and cheerful but sadly this is reflected in the quality which represents poor value.

I have tried several Garages south city and IMO Hartnett's Garage, Cobh is by far the Best in terms of: Diagnosing your problem, advice on what is required to put it right, Quality of workmanship and Price.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bertie1

Barr wrote: »
    Hi All

I’m looking for a reasonable mechanic operating in the southside , preferably Blackrock /Mahon/Douglas area.

Anyone have a recommendation?

Thanks

Mark Murphy Motors in the Douglas Wollen Mills

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

Anyone know a mechanic based in Blackrock/Mahon ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

Denis Henderson in the Marina Commercial Park is good.

Advertisement