Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

360 exclusives

• 20-06-2010 12:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭

is it just me or is it since microsoft finally sorted out the hardware the rate of exclusive games has slowed down.
    or is it just me.
    can somebody tell me of a few exclusive games in development

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Summer of Arcade titles

Monday Night Combat
    Limbo
    Castlevania (Something, something, something)
    Hydro Thunder
    Lara Croft and something to do with light

Halo Reach
    Gears 3
    All that Kinect stuff

Probably more but thats the stuff that comes to mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,219 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Crackdown 2 is out soon. Fable 3 also exclusive. There's a list on Wikipedia, dunno how accurate/up-to-date it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Since the ps2 vs original xbox the number of console exclusives has been on the decline, costs of development and dev's wanting to see as much of that back as possible would see them reluctant to commit to just one platform. Of course there are exceptions just saying the number of exclusives is not what it used to be. These days it's more extra content and dlc that varies more so that the actual titles, and the actual titles mentioned already all have the microsoft game studies label on them.

Red dead Redemption was a recent one that springs to mind that had extra content for PS3 that wasn't included in the xbox version for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

There's also that new Crytek game Codename Kingdoms. Pretty much nothing known about it so far except it's an xbox exclusive and it's been developed by crytek. Will be one to keep an eye on i reckon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

On top of the titles the posters above have highlighted, I think it's safe to sat Mass Effect 3 will be 360 exclusive too. While some people have speculated that it'll come to the PS3 too, perhaps in trilogy form, the problem is Microsoft Games Studios published the first installment so unless some major cash changes hands, that reduces the possibility big time.

With the number of console exclusives diminishing these days what we're seeing more is platform exclusive content, such as the extra Gang Hideout and outfit seen in the recent Red Dead Redemption that calex71 pointed out, and the forthcoming Dead Space 2 and Medal Of Honor content Sony announced at E3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

but watching sony and microsoft e3 ps3 seems to have more coming than xbox or microsoft were so focused on kinect they didnt bother with anything else.
    I can see xbox turning into a wii type thing if kinect is successful in terms of shovelware :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

I'm not sure I agree. Microsoft had Halo Reach, Gears 3 and Codename: Kingdoms. While Crackdown 2 wasn't mentioned during their press conference it was still on the show floor and still managed to win 1Up's Best Action Game award.

Sony had Killzone 3, Infamous 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Gran Turismo 5 and Twisted Metal.

Seems pretty even to me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

gizmo wrote: »
    I'm not sure I agree. Microsoft had Halo Reach, Gears 3 and Codename: Kingdoms. While Crackdown 2 wasn't mentioned during their press conference it was still on the show floor and still managed to win 1Up's Best Action Game award.

Sony had Killzone 3, Infamous 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Gran Turismo 5 and Twisted Metal.

Seems pretty even to me?
    spose so.
    Just hope kinect gets a few decent titles before launch and dosent fall victim to shovel ware then i'll definatly buy it.
    sorta sitting on the fence about it atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

There's also Dead Rising 2 which I think is still a 360 exclusive like the first one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,219 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Dead Rising 2 will be on the PS3 and PC as well. The demo/preview thing, Case Zero, will be Xbox exclusive though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Fable 3 is not exclusive! Its out on PC :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Trevor451 wrote: »

One could argue it's still an exclusive unless they bring it out on MAC :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Trevor451 wrote: »

Or console exclusive, which is what people generally mean when they say exclusive in relation to the PS3 and 360.

Advertisement