Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nurse conversion course

Options
  • 20-06-2010 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I'm a registered psychiatric nurse and wish to convert to general nursing. I know that this is impossible to do in Ireland at present and so that leaves me with the option of going to the UK.

I've done some research on this and have come across gratuate entry diplomas (for those with health related degrees) in london which is where i wanted to go because I have family living there. These courses all appear to be 2/2.5 years in duration, however there are courses in scotland that are called nurse conversion course (for nurse who want to go from one discipline to another as i want to do) and are only 1.5yr duration.

Has anyone come across this and what has their experience been? What i want to know is are there any of these courses available in london. I'd prefer to get my qualifications as quickly as possible for obvious reasons, or if these existing graduate diplomas can be done in 18month because i'm already a registered nurse.

thanks for reading my post

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭louloubella

pixie80
    im sorry that this isnt actually a reply to your question about converting to General Nursing in the UK.
    I am actually considering Psychiatric Nursing ( Im a teacher ).

What kind of career is it in your opinion?

Advertisement