Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Gears Of War 3 - Beast Mode

• 20-06-2010 12:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭

I posted this in another thread but it probably got overlooked but its definitely worth a look. You take on the COG in a reverse horde mode.

Tickers, berserkers, maulers, kantus' and wretches all in the video. Looks very cool considering its release is april 2011. Tickers look like the most fun just because you run in and steal other players kills! Also those mech suits look pretty badass though not when up close and personal with a berserker.

Really have high hopes that EPIC finally gets a game in the series out there that is complete and doesn't need patching straight away to fix glaring errors and omissions. If they implement it properly it could really be something special. Its so frustrating having to wait ages for games and having no host migration, stuff taken for granted in halo and cod series.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

As if I didn't want this game enough as it is!

Revealing all of these extras features so early just makes the wait even more of a pain.

Looks like a great idea, and it is shaping up to be a good game, save the 10month wait :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Well spotted!

Visuals may as well be Gears 2 though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

One word to describe Gears of War 3: Beast! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

wow that looks absolutely immense! We wont talk much more about how shoddy gears 2 was, I think it's been a rather prevalent issue for everyone whos been a fan of 1 and had to suffer 2. This could do it and pull the whole series back. It looks very complete and finished, im shocked it's release is so far away but if that means more time for the coders involved in the online to get it as tight as it needs to be then Im on for the wait.

I like the slightly off stacked reload @0:53

Also I'd like to know what it means by Tokens in the score card up top? I see it pop every now and then after a kill, but it looks like a progress bar when it's full the counter goes up by 1....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Apparently there won't be horde vs beast mode in GOW3 :mad:

http://kotaku.com/5569580/suicide-bombers-and-razor-wire-make-gears-of-war-3-a-real-beast

from 2nd last paragraph
    I asked the developers on hand if there were any thoughts about combining their two most popular modes, Horde and Beast, into one spectacular versus mode. The two seemed to be opposite sides of the same coin, but the Epic folks said that isn't something they're planning to do.
    Seems stupid as it could be amazing if done properly. Perhaps getting the balance among the sides would be too difficult.

I think tokens are what you need to unlock cooler baddies (i mean goodies!) as tickers and wretches are only present when its low fighting stranded whilst kantus, maulers, etc. are present when it approaches 20000 when your fighting mech suits and cog.
    Yep 4th last paragraph:
    Later rounds let you select bigger and badder critters, if you have the tokens.
    It could also be tied to respawns and completing waves as it only ever seems to go up by 1 or 2 when you get a kill. Score is what you and your team have earned.

• Advertisement
Advertisement