Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need network reciver help.

Options
  • 20-06-2010 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hi guys, about a year ago I built a pc. At the time it wasn't possible to get broadband where I live so I didn't bother installing a wireless reciever.

Well today I just finished setting up my new wireless modem, everythings working smoothly PS3, laptop, ipod. I now need to buy a wireless reciever card for my pc. Do ye lads have any suggestions about a good value card? Any links to some good sites??

Thanks for the help in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Don't you mean wireless router? Does it have network ports on it? If it is, and does, and the PC is located close to it you can go one better and just connect them with a length of Cat5 network cable.

If you have to use wireless a wifi adaptor is €20+ in Komplett etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Armedocr

I have a router so that's not a problem. Unfortunatly my pc isn't located any where close to the modem. I'd rather install a wireless card into my pc as I've no problem with installing stuff. I'd rather not use one of those USB recievers I've enough wires and stuff connected to the pc already lol

Advertisement