Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sign this potition for magnet enabling around athenry exchange

• 20-06-2010 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

hello. I decided to start a petition thinking that if enough people applied to magnet enable their lines on the athenry exchange that magnet would enable us to get good broadband speeds and we will no longer be doomed to terribly slow speeds of 1mb and such. so please check your line here and if it says to fill in a form, please fill it in. if enough of people fill it in, we might just be able to get it. thanks for your time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Don't You mean Eircom, they own the lines and the exchange

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭elazar55

I'm not exactly sure how this works, but i was told if enough people sign up for their lines to be magnet enabled, they would do it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

elazar55 wrote: »
    I'm not exactly sure how this works, but i was told if enough people sign up for their lines to be magnet enabled, they would do it.

Is the exchange even enabled by eircom yet?
    If not then your wasting your time with Magnet as it would be a massive loss for them to enable a exchange that eircom can't even be bothered to enable.

These things cost money after all :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭Falconire

Yes the Athenry exchange was enabled by eircom a few years ago.

Also magnet will be able to see u bit stream product on any eircom enabled exchange.

So if you want magnet broadband and you have a line that is capable of receiving eircom broadband 5m over then you can get magnet as there packages start at 5m and over

Advertisement