Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a phone in the north/on the internet?

Options
  • 20-06-2010 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭

Hi, just wondering do phones bought in the north work in the south?
    EDIT: Sorry I pressed enter by mistake.
    The phone I'm looking for isn't available in the south that I know of (Samsung Genio Slide [B5310] - different to the touch one). If I got it in the north would it work here? Also, anyone know if it would be a good phone and if I can't get that phone, what others are good? I want a touchscreen but also a keyboard so I can text using one of those keyboards on the screen and on a another slidey one. Has to be a slide. Preferably less than E100 (a lot of samsungs are, looking at them) but not the Samsung Ping Touch.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

It will work yes, but it needs to bought 'sim free' or come from the network without a network lock in place. Once this is the case, its just a matter of entering the settings, which can be found here in the FAQ and away you go.

Im not familiar with that particular phone so cant say good or bad. For that price range and for want you want, their isnt much to choose from though.

Whats your current phone, why are you changing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

My phone is a Nokia XpressMusic. I'm not sure of the model number but it's not the really expensive one. It's really bad and keeps breaking. At times I cannot use it for days and it deletes things by itself. I'd rather get a new phone than spend money fixing it.

I think this is it: http://europe.nokia.com/find-products/devices/nokia-5310-xpressmusic

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

It could be still under warranty, they have 24 months warranty and are fixed for free. You could try updating the software yourself also if you wanted to try that, it can be updated using the nokia pc suite software downloaded from the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Thanks again for replying. It's not under warranty still though and a lot of people have had problems with it.
    I might just stick with it and buy one when I really cannot use it. thanks for helping.

Advertisement