Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardaí investigating Waterford death

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Roomic Cube

Meatwad wrote: »
    If its who I think it is , would I be right in assuming that the accused might have a history of attacking people with knives?

yep, this is right alrighty

also keep an eye on RTE news website, they are saying he's due in a special hearing in court today, so i'll hope some info will become public soon enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

yup he has a history of knife crimes! if its who im told i know him well but dont know if its him or not yet

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Yes Boss

deisedave wrote: »
    yup he has a history of knife crimes! if its who im told i know him well but dont know if its him or not yet

A real hero then!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

A 24-year-old man has been charged with murder following a stabbing incident in Waterford city early yesterday morning.

Patrick Murphy, 27, died after the incident in a house in the Glen in Waterford city.

John Flaherty with an address at Ard Daire, Ferrybank just outside of the city was brought before a special sitting of Waterford District Court this afternoon.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0621/murphyp.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Ye so its confirmed now that it was him ... questions need to be asked on how he was left out on temp release after another knife crime, and now end up murdering someone with a knife . Its not as if cops did not know he was a risk .

• Advertisement

Yes Boss wrote: »
    A real hero then!!:rolleyes:

never said he was a hero small town its hard not to know most people :rolleyes:

I wonder if he was just off his face or something, crazy stuff like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭JohnC.

jo06555 wrote: »
    Ye so its confirmed now that it was him ... questions need to be asked on how he was left out on temp release after another knife crime, and now end up murdering someone with a knife . Its not as if cops did not know he was a risk .

It's easy to say that with hindsight. We don't hear about all the temporary releases which end without incident. I'm sure they vastly outnumber the ones which go wrong or they wouldn't be happening. They may have genuinely believed he wasn't a risk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭tc2010

Hes been out of prison about 4 months after serving a few months. It was not weekend release or anything like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

It was apparently over his girlfriend/ex girlfriend from what I've heard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Absolutely disgraceful that this thug was let out early.

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    Absolutely disgraceful that this thug was let out early.

He wasnt let out early He served his full sentence

tc2010 wrote: »

Still a THUG!!

Yes Boss wrote: »
    Still a THUG!!

Indeed. I think Your one had 3 kids for him aswell which makes it worse.

Indeed. I think Your one had 3 kids for him aswell which makes it worse.

Terrible alright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

He got 3 years, 2 were dropped and due to be fully released in August as mentioned earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

what was the motive behind this ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I would say jealousy..

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Not the face of your typical murderer.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001059351289

Not the face of your typical murderer.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001059351289

What does a typical murderer look like? As mentioned in previous posts he had a conviction for a similar offence!! He cannot be defended for his actions...

• Advertisement

a murderer could look like anyone....

Kahless wrote: »
    It's easy to say that with hindsight. We don't hear about all the temporary releases which end without incident. I'm sure they vastly outnumber the ones which go wrong or they wouldn't be happening. They may have genuinely believed he wasn't a risk.

He was in jail for stabbing someone over not paying for a tattoo :rolleyes: , if thats not enough to show he is a risk i dont know what is. your right most of temp release goes ok and we never hear from them but thats no help to the victim or his family today , im sure their is a number of small incidents of people who are on temp release too and in the case of a man who has showed he will use a knife before to solve his problems i think the authorities had warning he was a danger.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

You beat me to it takola.

@Sacha09 I appreciate that you are a new user on here and more than likely created an account on here to have your say, however you cannot post what you posted on a public forum like boards.ie. Anymore posts like your previous one will result in you been banned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Sacha, it's an unfortunate set of circumstances to have his children in. For that I empathise with him. It's also unfortunate that his GF may have been playing mind games with him, for that I empathise with him for. I hate any druggie that brings drugs into a home with children, and would love to see them all locked up for life.

The problem is he took another person's life - and everything else aside, it was the wrong way to handle things. He could have given him a few slaps for bringing drugs around his children, or better yet - have the children taken away from the mother for having them around drugs. That would have been the right thing to do. But what he did didn't help them - it left them without a father, and a mother who possibly abuses drugs (I don't know her, so I can't comment on what she does or doesn't do).

I don't know what the truth is, and you're obviously Fla's friend and defensive of him - so I can understand that you want to clear up some stuff.

Whatever his reasons for stabbing people - it's the second time he has done it, and there's obviously something wrong to where he feels the need to resolve his problems with knives. That's now how you handle things.

This thread will probably be closed soon with all the speculation.

ok i must of missed what sacha said it has bein deleted i take it :confused: i kinda agree that he shown previous to knife crime and their is no excuse for killing someone if just because u think drugs are bein taken in a house with kids . If it cannot be said here pm me as im lost to why sacha was either banned or deleted post..

Has this not all been mentioned in court anyway or has he not been yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

• Registered Users Posts: 45 whiteblueman

A new low in Irish judicial history.

After work I might go on a killing spree, can always say I had a bad day at work. Isn't that fair enough?

This one surprised me because alot of people knew John and he was a genuine nice person. Just shows what substances can do to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Marchandire

I know a girl who was working at the hospital the night this happened - she said she'd never seen anything so savage as the damage done to the poor chap when he was brought in.

This verdict is a joke, but then again, there's nothing more random than a jury of your peers...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement