Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apartment Complexes in Chapelizod

Options
  • 20-06-2010 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi folks,

I expect to be shortly looking to rent an apartment in Chapelizod. Could I ask any of you for your personal experiences (either renting or owning) of the following apartment complexes:

- Mill Race
    - The Island
    - The Steeples
    - Glenaulin
    - Northcliffe

What are they like to live in in terms of soundproofing, general upkeep, etc. Thanks very much for your help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I know the Steeples.
    The main road entrance is Chapelizod but tbh it's Ballyfermot. No real difference but don't be fooled by some letting agent. I rent, the name of the area doesn't matter to me but maybe if you want to buy someday

It's a lot quieter then it used to be.
    Was built around 1994 and build quality is none too good. I can certainly hear my neighbours TV and wooden floors above me. If someone slams the door you'll hear it for sure.
    The 1950's council houses across the road are better built and they're 60 years old!

Lots of knacker drinking going on, realy it's ideal for it as it's a shortcut down to the Liffey or empty fields or overgrown areas where nobody would bother you.

The mgmt company put anti climb paint over the shortcut to Ballyfermot Rd forgetting that how residents like me get to the busstop! :mad:
    If you don't own a car then the mgmt company don't care about you.

I've stayed around, it's quiet enough but realy I wouldn't move in now. Most noise, parties or arguments can be traced to two pyjama wearing families (you know what sort I mean) renting in a certain block, yes they're not the kind of people you'd like as neigbours. No other issues with any other neighbours.

Anything else are the local teens with their crates of Bud and Dutch gold on their way down to the Liffey to drink in the sun.

In summary, it's not great, 5 years ago it was far, far worse and known for car break ins but it's largely quiet these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭filthymcnasty

lived in the Island (the weir) for 18 months, renting.

liked it right in the middle of the village, well kept, no noise issues etc.

some cons, thought the management company were not great: had an issue with double parking in the underground carpark that never really got sorted out.

Anyone can just walk in off the street in around the apt blocks, sometimes young kids would be hanging around outside my sitting room (ground floor apt), not scumbags or anything but still a pain in the arse

Advertisement