Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wearing tanning moisturisers and separate sunscreen?

• 20-06-2010 1:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭

There was a piece in this weekend's Irish Times magazine about gradual tanners - moisturisers that you put on in the morning after showering. The three they recommended were Au Courant, Clinque, and Xen Tan. I was wondering whether 1. Anyone has tried any of these and what they think. 2. Does it not rub off on your clothes, even after you let it dry in I would think any amount of perspiring would cause it to rub off? and 3. They don't contain sunscreen - what's the story with adding a layer of sunscreen on top of or under it? Pretty essential on holidays!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

If you put on sunscreen BEFORE the fake-tan, the sunscreen/cream will dilute the colour of the tan and make the tan a lighter colour.

Unless you put the sunscreen on today and the fake-tan tomorrow.

Personally, I find the Sally Hansen 'airbrush legs' to be the most natural looking fake tan. I sue the medium glow colour.

I only put a tiiiiiny bit on, but I spray it on my legs and use a tanning mit to rub it in cos if you spray it on the tanning mit (as per the instructions on the spray-can) the tan comes out a much darker colour, imo anyway.

Personally, I moisturise before I put tan on as I like the tan to look a light colour rather than a dark colour. And the Sally Hansen can be used all over, not just on legs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭Unregistered39

It does make sense that would dilute the colour alright. I wear sunscreen every day though so need to find some way to make them work together. Will take a look at the Sally Hansen stuff - thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I would have a shower in the evening and then put them on overnight. Then they don't have to interact with suncream.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭chenguin

I know about the whole sunscreen part, but in my experience they do tend to come off when you are exercising.

Thanks for the replies all. I picked up the Xen Tan stuff today. It's supposed to be once a week so I can't see that putting it on tonight (which I have) and showering in the morning will make a difference. Hope it lives up to the hype and pricetag!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Thanks for the replies all. I picked up the Xen Tan stuff today. It's supposed to be once a week so I can't see that putting it on tonight (which I have) and showering in the morning will make a difference. Hope it lives up to the hype and pricetag!
    Whats the Xen-Tan stuff like?

Jury is still out on the Xen Tan. It's definitely quite dark but I'm not buying the 'olive not orange' line. Funny, it looks great and very natural on my neck/chest/arms but crap on my legs. I think I'll stick to Fake Bake for my legs, which is definitely not orange.

I put it on on Sunday and it doesn't seem to be fading at all, which I like (the legs can be covered for now)

Advertisement