Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do-meeting people in waterford-without drink

• 20-06-2010 2:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

I was just wondering if there is any social outlets one can do in the city with a good mix of girls and guys that doesnt involve drinking?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

I was just wondering if there is any social outlets one can do in the city with a good mix of girls and guys that doesnt involve drinking?
    join the running club!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

An AA meeting.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Waterford sportif cycling club if ya have a bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭Yes Boss

Horse and Cart racing on the outer ring road ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Comeragh mountain club.

Irish language group in the Gingerman each Thursday (its in a pub, but they sell Finches orange too, and non-drinkers go).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

bowling, going to watch the blues, GAA, Comeraghs, beaches

• Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Tag Rugby and tennis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭hellfireie

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

...and people say there's nothing to do in Waterford :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

Yes Boss wrote: »
    Horse and Cart racing on the outer ring road ;)

have to say i laughed out loud when i read this comment !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,687 ✭✭✭✭looksee

And if you are not into sports..... well that does limit your options a bit, but you could investigate Sproi, drama groups http://www.bowlerhat.ie/, choirs, photography club, creative writing. Have a look in the library at Ard Keen (sp?) they often have groups/classes etc posted on the notice board.

Also check the Munster Express, they do a list of groups/activities etc in the Waterford area.

Probably not the best time of year for it, but you could try an evening class in WIT in September.

I've never found evening classes very helpful for social activity, usually its just 'do the class and go home'. Something like pottery or a language might be ok though.

looksee wrote: »
    I've never found evening classes very helpful for social activity, usually its just 'do the class and go home'. Something like pottery or a language might be ok though.

As sociability goes the Waterford Comeragh group is very good. Basically you are just walking so everyone is chatting. (They do also go to a pub though after)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭showmetheway

hellfireie wrote: »

This seems like great fun, how much does it cost to join

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭showmetheway

I heard the kick boxing club near the peopls park has a good social aspect to it also

ok what days and times are the following on

Airsoft
    Kickboxing near peoples park
    comeragh mountain walks
    running club
    tag rugby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭rayc

I heard the kick boxing club near the peopls park has a good social aspect to it also

ok what days and times are the following on

Airsoft
    Kickboxing near peoples park
    comeragh mountain walks
    running club
    tag rugby

Tag is on every Thursday evening in the Waterpark Rugby club, you would need to find a team to play with though as the competition has already started. If you ring them they may be aware of a team looking for players...

http://www.irishrugby.ie/tagrugby/15242_home.php

the Waterford airsoft team have a big game on this sunday and anyone is welcome to come up for a look and talk to a few of the lads , even a few ladies on the team.

cost wise we're a 'pay as you play team' so no hidden cost you basically pay the days you want to play!! alot of the other teams have membership fees and stuff.we play on our own site at least once a month and visit other sites other weekends, people carpool so no one is every stuck for a lift, we meet for a few pints once every two weeks. is it good healthy exercise and a good laugh with some really sound people that you get a chance to shoot at the weekends what could be more fun!!!! its 25 euros for a full days games http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=169271705872&topic=14531#!/event.php?eid=100680029984841&index=1

theres over 40 signed up for the game sunday its going to be savage, 20 vs 20 i can pass you on my number if you wanta talk to me about it or have any questions to ask visit our facebook page or forum. all teh team owns there own gear A.E.G's (airsoft electric gun's) but some have a extra one they could lend someone if they didn't have there own as yet. ypou can buy a.e.g's from about 100 euros up to what ever you would like to spend .

theres also a warm up game tomorrow at 7 on teh site if anyone wants to come down for a look, i can pm the directions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭KeelanM90

dayshah wrote: »
    As sociability goes the Waterford Comeragh group is very good. Basically you are just walking so everyone is chatting. (They do also go to a pub though after)

What kind of distances and what kind of agegroup?

• Advertisement

looksee wrote: »
    What kind of distances and what kind of agegroup?

A mixture of ages, a few in 20s, few in 30s 40s and 50s.

They have an ad in the community section of the munster I think (another place to check for ideas). They often have 2 grades of difficulty.

You don't need to be superfit, but a decent level of fitness is needed. After a few walks you will enjoy it more. Of all the activities I did, that was probably the most sociable, and you don't need any skills.

You can even get decent boots for €25 in Aldi from time to time.

great day yesterday the photos and videos are on facebook

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/...d=457067470872

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭2manyconditions

hellfireie wrote: »

Is airsoft as painful as paintballing? I just hid the whole time once I got a few painballs (one of them in the hand... ouch)

when and where did u play 2manyconditions? no airsoft does not hurt unless you hit someone in bare flesh at pointblank range which wouldnt be very nice!!
    if your interested in give the airsoft a go some weekend let me know and i'll drop you a line when the next game is going ahead. the 25 of july is ment to be our next game but we'll get out before that i'd say. the team is heading into town for a pint or two thursday ( geoffs more then likely) 7:30ish if anyone want to come along and say hello your more then welcome.

well guys our next airsoft game is on the 29th of this month it would be great to have yee down for it http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=104929579563688

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 crouchingtiger

do u need an airsoft gun?

yeah if you have a airsoft gun all the better, if not let us know and we'll try sort something out

Advertisement