Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite word or expression!

Options
  • 20-06-2010 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Nigdy nie!
    Oczywiście.
    Od czasu do czasu.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Przyjaciółka. Purely because it took me so long to wrap my tongue around it.

Nie bądz taki głupi. Taught me the imperative case.

I tak dalej. Useful for when the brain is on strike.

Samochód. I just really, really like the sound of this word. Almost as much as I like the sound of the english word "switch." If I had my way, we'd call them samochóds too.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Johnny_Trotter

Szczęście (happiness) - it's one of the more difficult words that comes up in everyday speech, but I;m pleased with my self when I can say it.

And then the short simple useful phrases...
    - Nie ma
    - Może być
    - Dokładnie!

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Wheelsonthebus

spurious wrote: »
    Nigdy nie!
    Oczywiście.
    Od czasu do czasu.

When I first learned od czasu do czasu I was using it to descibe every possible situation/event/feeling. ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Collumbo

I like the tongue twisters.

W Szczebrzeszynie chrząszcz brzmi w trzcinie

or....

Stół z powyłamywanymi nogami

If someone tries the second one on you, get cheeky and just reply "Stól bez nóg" - meaning a table with no legs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement