Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alcoholic Ginger Beer

• 20-06-2010 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Anyone know where i can get alcoholic ginger beer in Kilkenny?The Wine Centre don't do it yet....
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

From what I hear of the Wine Centre, if they don't have it nowhere else in town will. I think some of the supermarkets are doing Crabbie's but it's an awful example. Drinkstore will deliver the Little Valley one, which is OK. The one to look out for is the Williams Brothers' Ginger -- it's head and shoulders above the others. Though seems out of stock everywhere at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 DeclanBrady

World Wide Wines in Waterford
    Sell the Crabbie's and the little valley Ginger beer
    They both go well with Vodka and a squeze of lime:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 JIM71

Think Superquinn are starting to stock it throughout Dublin so will hopefully not be too long before its outside the city. Hoping Tesco's take it on and we see a drop in price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Bought Crabbies Ginger Beer in Cork last week.....tis vile stuff. Much much too sweet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Had one bottle of that Crabbie stuff is horrific!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭Sonovagun

Have to defend Crabbies Ginger beer! On a hot day there is nothing that beats a crabbies over ice and a slice of lemon. For me any way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Sonovagun wrote: »
    Have to defend Crabbies Ginger beer! On a hot day there is nothing that beats a crabbies over ice and a slice of lemon. For me any way.
    Do you not find it revoltingly sweet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭Sonovagun

How many bottles do you plan to drink? I wouldn't be able for a few but as a drink on it's own on a hot day it can't be beat!

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭vicecreamsundae

i don't find it too sweet.. what i like about it is that in genuinely tastes like regular [non alcoholic] ginger beer.
    i've tried Frank's as well [from the makers of kopparberg] and didnt like it at alllll at all. not gingery enough. but then i dont like kopparberg anyway -THOSE are too sweet! yuck

Advertisement