Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experiences Of Getting Tattooed At Convention

Options
  • 20-06-2010 3:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭

Hey all

Will hopefully be getting some work done in midleton next weekend, Just really looking for peoples experiences at getting work done at a convention compared to a shop..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MisterCadbury

I got my one and only tattoo done there nearly five years ago, small simple piece but done well none the less. Thing is though when you think about it getting a tattoo done at a convention should be better than in a parlor because the tattoos done at a convention are seen by jury of the artists peers so they will want to impress. Not that an artist doesn't always try and impress but you get what I mean. Plus as well there are often prizes for the best work done at the convention. One I would say though is artists do bare in mind the fact that there is a competition, so may selectively choose what tattoos they will do often the course of the convention so as to play to their strengths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

I had forgotten about the competition side of things actually, was more thinking of it as a show then a competition :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Is it more expensive to get one at a convention?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

Shouldnt be. Worked out cheaper for me, got about 40 % off a tattoo at last years convention.

No major difference, other than the effort you put in attempting to conceal the agonizing pain your experiencing.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭djrlittleton

vangoz wrote: »
    Shouldnt be. Worked out cheaper for me, got about 40 % off a tattoo at last years convention.

No major difference, other than the effort you put in attempting to conceal the agonizing pain your experiencing.:eek:

all tattoos hurt some just hurt less than others, but ya you will see a lot of people just getting some work done and espically with hand work they see to nearly be in mediation:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

all tattoos hurt some just hurt less than others, but ya you will see a lot of people just getting some work done and espically with hand work they see to nearly be in mediation:pac:

Funny thing is that places that some people hardly feel at all, others will be in agony with, and the more sensitive areas vary from person to person. I know people that said their chest tattoos hardly hardly hurt at all, but with mine I was squirming and grinding my teeth like he was trying to put the needles right through me! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

The quality of your tattoo can, in some cases, depend on the level of talent at the convention. I've attended a couple of conventions and been there to get work done by artists not working in Ireland.

I have heard cases where artists have been blitzed drunk tattooing at conventions, not a good image for the industry.

Most artists are professional but just be careful when choosing an artist, a previous poster made the point that you should if anything get a better standard of tattoo at a convention, I wouldnt use this as a guideline, true some artists will enter some pieces into the end of the day competition but most artists are there for the experience, to make money, see friends and former workmates.

If you can go to the artist in question (if there is one) at his/her studio.

Advertisement