Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor charging for all texts and calls

Options
  • 20-06-2010 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

Hi,
    Anyone having trouble with the free calls and texts on meteor, since about 2 months ago I've been charged for all calls and texts despite topping up by 20 Euro and getting the text to say I have free meteor calls and texts.
    Called tem once and they said they would fix it but its still the same :mad: have emailed again.

Anyone else having this problem too?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 scottsullivan

limpdd wrote: »
    Hi,
    Anyone having trouble with the free calls and texts on meteor, since about 2 months ago I've been charged for all calls and texts despite topping up by 20 Euro and getting the text to say I have free meteor calls and texts.
    Called tem once and they said they would fix it but its still the same :mad: have emailed again.

Anyone else having this problem too?

hey i seem to be having that problem as of late, i decided to change my price plan a week ago which killed my free texts so i had to wait to top up again, then my phone started taking my credit for no reason, couldn't find the problem so i factory reset my phone, but before i reset my phone i topped up again and got my confirmation text. now its costing me.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

no when i was getting charged randomly charged i had "mobile network" on, which does state that data charges may apply.
    are you sure that factory reset wouldn't affect me? as all my numbers were wiped as well.
    and also i tried to email meteor on their website, and it says that there are problems with their site and the will "fix it when they get a chance".
    also i resent my "free talk and text" message to meteor and it said that i had already opted into free talk and texts with meteor.
    thank you for replying

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

guys, dont email Meteor. it takes two days for a responce while you continue to lose credit. just ring customer care, its the only way to get it sorted.

or join the meteor forums and ask a mod to look into it.

kceire wrote: »
    guys, dont email Meteor. it takes two days for a responce while you continue to lose credit. just ring customer care, its the only way to get it sorted.

or join the meteor forums and ask a mod to look into it.
    thank you, iv emailed meteor, but to cover myself ill join the forums too. have you got a link for it?

• Advertisement

i actually dont know what "mobile network" is, but when i turn it on it says that "mms services are now available" mms meaning picture messages?
    and yes i do have the proof that iv been charged as it is in my bill on my meteor account online.

just to make sure as i get really nervous talking to people in big companies over the phone, what should i say to the operator on the phone?
    and also i should ask about mobile network as well.
    thank you captian morgan you have been really helpful.

• Advertisement

for arguments sake what if they decline to reinstate my free texts and calls and refund me?

i have just rang meteor, they have seen the problem and have very swiftly topped me up by 20 euro. thank you to everyone that helped me

had another problem again!
    i rang back and then they rectified it again, technical team said there was a problem with my account, they sorted it out and am now getting my texts and calls, im nervous to turn on wifi or anything to do with the internet in case my credit gets swallowed

made my day :)

Advertisement