Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's the regulator

Options
  • 20-06-2010 4:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I'm looking to find out who regulates the Institutes of technology (and probably other third level colleges). Is it the dept of education or some other organisation? plus are there any websites that would have info on procedures in colleges and how to complain about them?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I think trinity have something to do with it!

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

Higher Education Authority (HEA)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

Its the HEA.
    www.hea.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

The HEA/Trinity does not oversee DIT regulations. HEA exists for Institutes of Technology only. DIT aren't a University at all, yet they are not quite an IT either. DIT is a self regulating body. DIT do as they please as far as I can see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

Naikon wrote: »
    The HEA/Trinity does not oversee DIT regulations. HEA exists for Institutes of Technology only. DIT aren't a University at all, yet they are not quite an IT either. DIT is a self regulating body. DIT do as they please as far as I can see it.

To an extent.
    DIT still has to report annually to the HEA and its the HEA who decide the fees for students and its the HEA who decide what funding DIT gets.

• Advertisement
Advertisement