Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Software / Apps etc.

• 20-06-2010 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Just wondering what kind of software / phone apps etc. people are using on here to track their cycles. I see a lot of people using ridewithgps.com - is this good? It seems you need a gpx file everytime to upload

Personally, I'm using Google's MyTracks with tracks your cycle, time & elevation & will also upload all the info to a Google Docs Spreadsheet which is great for reviewing your performaces

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,460 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

nokia sportstracker on an e66. might cave in and buy a garmin edge 50 though :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

SportTracks on the PC for keeping a log with a Garmin Edge 705. Google Maps walking directions, ridewithgps.com and Garmin MapSource for planning routes. Ridewithgps is the best I have found of the online options; I still find Google Maps by far the easiest for initial plotting but RWG gives you elevation and direct gpx track download.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

sportstracker on Android

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

SportTracks on the PC with my Garmin 705. Recently started also using PowerAgent for the powertap as SportTracks isn't great when it comes to power.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭Ant

I recently got a HTC Hero and Google's My Tracks is the only application that I've tried yet. I really like it the auto-generated map for each route and spreasheet to keep track of performance. Now that I've begun to incorporate decent sized hills into my cycles, I find it very useful for monitoring elevation.

I'll probably try out some of the other Android apps but I'll stick with this for the time being. Since they've recently opened the source code with a Free Software license, I'd imagine the development process should speed up and the software should improve - though it is very much tied to Google's services.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭v.e.r.b.a.l

Cardio Trainer on Android is brilliant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

sportstracks and ridewithgps.com on pc for my edge 705

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ridewithgps with edge 705, my only gripe being that the maps on ridewithgps are embedded in flash. would be nice to have an option to just display the googlemap with the route as well for showing people the site whilst on the move.

never bring my smart phone out on cycles though, i'll transfer the sim into a crappy nokia/SE phone just in the off chance i don't unclip in time :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭corkandproud

iMapmyRide, free app and work perfectly every time.

Advertisement