Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Family portraits...

• 20-06-2010 7:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭

Thought some people might get a kick out of this site:

Awkward Family Photos

Suddenly, some of the photos I've taken don't seem so bad...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Thks Zoegh, really funny, except for that "checkup" one, someone should have been clever enough to rule that one out :(

edit : maybe I should explain, I have a sinking feeling that these are not dentists and that the equipment and chair are those used to lift persons who cannot move of their own free will. I know from experience that sometimes someone being moved from the bed to a chair is a big milestone, and a happy event, which would explain why the pic was taken and cherished.

But I do love the other ones !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

I never cringed so much in my life !!! forget about facepalm moments, it's desk-face you should be worried about when viewing that site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭Adriatic

This is great, I'm getting some proper laughs out of this although I'm glad I'm not one of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

edit : maybe I should explain, I have a sinking feeling that these are not dentists and that the equipment and chair are those used to lift persons who cannot move of their own free will. I know from experience that sometimes someone being moved from the bed to a chair is a big milestone, and a happy event, which would explain why the pic was taken and cherished.

Confused_dog.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,269 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

as good a place as any to post this.

oikJI.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭SinisterDexter

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭GavinZac

To ease your mind, it is a dentist. That's a dentist's chair and the various positionable arms behind carry lights and mirrors as in a dentist's office.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

That one had me snorting Lucozade out my nose laughing.

Thanks Zoegh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

GavinZac wrote: »
    To ease your mind, it is a dentist. That's a dentist's chair and the various positionable arms behind carry lights and mirrors as in a dentist's office.

Great, I hope you're right, and if it is, well then that's pretty funny, not half as funny as some of the others on there though :D.

I quite like that one :

http://awkwardfamilyphotos.com/2010/03/31/batter-up/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I think my personal fave is this one

http://awkwardfamilyphotos.com/2010/05/27/bunny-ears/

:D:D:D

Although I do really like that one of the baby taped to the window- so wrong!

Glad people are getting a kick out of them, I'm pretty sure when I first stumbled upon the site 7Up came out my nose... :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 randytylor

Well magicbasterder I think the image is good and effortful. I can not see the face only If I can see the face I could better know that unlucky girl. That was great taken.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,269 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i should point out that i didn't take that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Technique

5 seconds earlier....

gravity-wins-01.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Haha, looks like yer one got a kick in the mouth as the other one fell. And no knickers view ... :(

Baby taped to window has to be tops though :D

Advertisement