Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock & Metal Forum Beers - July 3rd - Fibbers Rock Bar

Options
  • 20-06-2010 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭

Okay then folks, we've chosen a city (Dublin) and we've chosen a venue (The New Fibbers) now we need to choose a date. For simplicity I'm going to assume that a weekend will suit the most people. Going with this suggestion I'm putting down the next four weekends. As before, please vote on what weekend suits and let us see if we can get this thing nailed down.

Please indicate which weekend dates suit you to attend the Rock & Metal Forum Beers. 38 votes

June 25/26
    0%
    July 2/3
    0%
    July 9/10
    39%
    rainbow kirbyMaliceNailzGLaDOSlord lucanCatari Jaguar[Deleted User]rgt320qTwilightningMax Power1candy-gal1waltersobchakbazmaidenAngronUseful.Idiot 15 votes
    July 16/17
    28%
    NIBBSrainbow kirbyMaliceNailzGLaDOSCatari JaguarscudzillaTwilightningMax Power1candy-gal1Angron 11 votes
    Other (please elaborate)
    31%
    rainbow kirbyPyr0MaliceNailzGLaDOSCatari JaguarjenizzleMax Power1candy-gal1AngronBrendogUnder A Funeral Moon 12 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Other (please elaborate)
    I'm going home to Galway next weekend but other than that my schedule is pretty clear.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Other (please elaborate)
    Heading to a friends 18th next weekend, other than that I have a pretty open calender

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Other (please elaborate)
    I'd rather avoid this weekend too. Fridays aren't great for me cos I'm usually at a match, and could be awkward.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Other (please elaborate)
    any weekend except the 25th/26th is fine by me. Cant make saturdays though, Thursday or friday nights would suit perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

July 16/17
    I put down July 2/3, July 9/10 and other. Upon further thinking I didn't put down 16/17 because I thought I'd be in Scotland but I actually won't be, it's a few days after. So yeah! Any of the times suggested in July is grand for me. A few dates in and around the start and end of August could work too but I doubt that'll get much response. July sounds the best bet.

• Advertisement

Other (please elaborate)
    Thread stickied. It appears I forgot to do that yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Other (please elaborate)
    Max Power1 wrote: »
    any weekend except the 25th/26th is fine by me. Cant make saturdays though, Thursday or friday nights would suit perfectly.

+1 here to that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Other (please elaborate)
    any weekend except the 25th/26th is fine by me.
    ^ This

Other (please elaborate)
    I can make saturday if we go on the 3rd of july

Other (please elaborate)
    Would suit me, I probably can't go if it's this Friday

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Other (please elaborate)
    I should be ok for this too.

Other (please elaborate)
    Are we any closer to deciding on a date? Next weekend seems to be the most popular but we need to decide whether Friday or Saturday suits (or we could do both nights :p)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

July 9/10
    Next Saturday would be awesome lads.:cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

July 9/10
    Saturday sounds like a winner,i've nothing on atm.

Other (please elaborate)
    Either night suits me as I've accommodation sorted for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Other (please elaborate)

+1 here for this :D

Other (please elaborate)
    The following posters voted for this weekend:
    bazmaiden, candy-gal1, cherub rock, Denny M, lord lucan, Malice_, Max Power1, rainbow kirby, rgt320q, ScienceNerd, Twilightning, Useful.Idiot, waltersobchak

Can those of you who haven't responded on this thread please confirm whether you can make it on Saturday or not. I've attended Galway Boards Beers in the past where 20+ posters have said they'll come and then 4 turn up so let's not have that happen this time!
    Also feel free to bring non-Boardsies along. Show them that meeting a group of strangers off the Internet isn't as scary as the media would have you believe ;).

There's a World Cup game on at 7:30pm so I intend to be in the pub watching it. Does anyone know how busy the pub will be at that hour? Is it worth ringing ahead and getting a table or two reserved?

Other (please elaborate)
    Malice_ wrote: »
    The following posters voted for this weekend:

Can those of you who haven't responded on this thread please confirm whether you can make it on Saturday or not. I've attended Galway Boards Beers in the past where 20+ posters have said they'll come and then 4 turn up so let's not have that happen this time!
    Also feel free to bring non-Boardsies along. Show them that meeting a group of strangers off the Internet isn't as scary as the media would have you believe ;).

There's a World Cup game on at 7:30pm so I intend to be in the pub watching it. Does anyone know how busy the pub will be at that hour? Is it worth ringing ahead and getting a table or two reserved?
    I very much doubt they will be showing the football in fibbers tbh :p

And I doubt also that they reserve tables! However they are normally never all taken before 7 or 8 anyway

Other (please elaborate)
    Shite, really? Have they no televisions or what? Maybe I'll have to bring a laptop and stream it :).

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Other (please elaborate)

I'll only know on Saturday if I can make it or not.

• Advertisement

July 9/10
    I'll be in there this evening to meet a couple of mates before the Slash gig. I'll throw an eye around the place for a tv as Spain v Portugal is on tonight,want to catch a bit of it before the gig.

Never noticed a tv but i was never looking for one before.:)

Other (please elaborate)

And I doubt also that they reserve tables! However they are normally never all taken before 7 or 8 anyway
    I remember old fibbers showing the European Championships in 08

Other (please elaborate)
    Shite, really? Have they no televisions or what? Maybe I'll have to bring a laptop and stream it :).

There's free wi-fi :P

There's no tv's that I have ever seen (I always sit opposite the bar beside the jukebox and pool table, there may be one the other side of the bar though)
    I remember old fibbers showing the European Championships in 08
    Really? On the small tv's that are there or did they bring in extra?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

There is no TV in Fibbers btw.

:)

Other (please elaborate)
    Really? On the small tv's that are there or did they bring in extra?
    On the small ones

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

July 9/10
    I'll let you know on Friday if I can go

July 9/10
    No tv in Fibbers unfortunately,despite a "view setanta sports here" sticker on the door.:D

Streaming over free wifi seems the way to go if you want the football.

Other (please elaborate)
    Anyone know a decent cheap hostel I could grab for the night? Otherwise it's gonna be hell getting back to Longford.

July 9/10
    Denny M wrote: »
    Anyone know a decent cheap hostel I could grab for the night? Otherwise it's gonna be hell getting back to Longford.

This place is about 5 minutes walk from Fibbers.

http://www.fourcourtshostel.com/

• Advertisement

Other (please elaborate)
    Righto, I reckon I'll try and catch the first half of the match somewhere else and then head in to meet you lot so I'll be in there around 8:30. Does anyone have a particular area of the pub in mind to meet up in (don't say the gents)?

I don't fancy having to go around to various groups of people asking them if they're from the Internet so some sort of prior arrangement would be good ;).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement