Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock & Metal Forum Beers - July 3rd - Fibbers Rock Bar

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Other (please elaborate)
    Malice_ wrote: »
    Righto, I reckon I'll try and catch the first half of the match somewhere else and then head in to meet you lot so I'll be in there around 8:30. Does anyone have a particular area of the pub in mind to meet up in (don't say the gents)?

I don't fancy having to go around to various groups of people asking them if they're from the Internet so some sort of prior arrangement would be good ;).

Now if it wasn't a pub, that's probably the sort of thing the police would be looking out for :P I've never been in there before, so I have no idea where anything is. Also, my friend was saying it's 21's, but I'm 18, would there be any hassle in me getting in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Other (please elaborate)
    theres a bunch of seats at the end in a kin of segmented area near the pool table, walk in, past the bar on the right, fag machine and jukebox on your left.

Depending on how many are planning on going, that could be a good place to go. They may be taken by 8.30 though.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Other (please elaborate)
    Denny M wrote: »
    Now if it wasn't a pub, that's probably the sort of thing the police would be looking out for :P I've never been in there before, so I have no idea where anything is. Also, my friend was saying it's 21's, but I'm 18, would there be any hassle in me getting in?
    Apparently it's only an issue if thy don't like the look of you, never been there myself

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Other (please elaborate)
    Apparently it's only an issue if thy don't like the look of you, never been there myself
    yep thats it.
    Just dont show up in trainers and tracksuit and you'll be fine.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Other (please elaborate)
    Sound. Jeans and a t-shirt it is so :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Other (please elaborate)
    I'm 18, would there be any hassle in me getting in?
    I doubt it once we're there early enough but sure if there is any hassle we can always explain who we are and how important it is for the pub to be nice to us.
    Max Power1 wrote: »
    theres a bunch of seats at the end in a kin of segmented area near the pool table, walk in, past the bar on the right, fag machine and jukebox on your left.

Depending on how many are planning on going, that could be a good place to go. They may be taken by 8.30 though.
    Well then, Mr. named after a hairdryer setting, your job is to get in there nice and early and make sure it's ours!

Other (please elaborate)
    Well then, Mr. named after a hairdryer setting, your job is to get in there nice and early and make sure it's ours!

Grand so. Me and candy-gal1 will be there between 5.30 and 6. I will take no responsibility for my sobriety by the time you lot get there :P

Other (please elaborate)
    I'm gonna head up on an early enough train, give me time to meander around the city, find where Fibbers is and so on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

July 9/10
    Grand so. Me and candy-gal1 will be there between 5.30 and 6. I will take no responsibility for my sobriety by the time you lot get there :P

5.30?? Niiiiiiiceeeeeeeee fair play lads:pac:

Other (please elaborate)
    Jaysis, I may have to bring a camera at this rate ;)

Just so it's clear to everyone (specifically me), it's Fibbers Rock Bar we're meeting in right?

• Advertisement

July 9/10
    Very much looking forward to "the Rock/Metal Beers- Photo Thread" :pac:

Other (please elaborate)
    Jaysis, I may have to bring a camera at this rate ;)

Just so it's clear to everyone (specifically me), it's Fibbers Rock Bar we're meeting in right?
    yep - fibbers rock bar, on the quays (its directly opposite the DCC offices on wood quay as an FYI for those out of towners!)

July 9/10
    I havent been on here in ages but i'd defo go if you folks allow me;)

Other (please elaborate)
    I havent been on here in ages but i'd defo go if you folks allow me;)
    Of course you can come - the more the merrier!

Other (please elaborate)
    Balls. I can't head to this now, a friend of mine switched the weekend of his 18th to fit another who's off to America on Monday, so I'm going to that.. Hopefully I can head to the next one if we have one.

Other (please elaborate)
    Balls. I can't head to this now, a friend of mine switched the weekend of his 18th to fit another who's off to America on Monday, so I'm going to that.. Hopefully I can head to the next one if we have one.
    That's a pity. I'm sure we will arrange another one in a few months.

I forgot to mention earlier and it's probably a bit late now but if any Cork city-based Boardsies are reading this and fancy a lift up and back, PM me and we can arrange a lift. You'll have to organise your own accommodation for the night but that shouldn't be too difficult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Under A Funeral Moon

Other (please elaborate)
    I'll pop in for a while. I've to go to Bruxelles for a friend's birthday later though.

Other (please elaborate)
    What time are people heading in for?

Other (please elaborate)
    I'll pop in for a while. I've to go to Bruxelles for a friend's birthday later though.
    Ah yes, the old "If it's any good I'll stay but if it's not at least I have an excuse to leave" trick :pac:
    What time are people heading in for?
    Max Power is minding our seats from about 5:30 onwards :). I doubt I will be in that early but we'll see.

Other (please elaborate)
    Ah yes, the old "If it's any good I'll stay but if it's not at least I have an excuse to leave" trick :pac:

Max Power is minding our seats from about 5:30 onwards :). I doubt I will be in that early but we'll see.
    Ah, well speaking of "tricks" - looks like im playing the "get there earliest so it doesnt matter if its good or not, I'll be buckled so it WILL be good from my perspective"!:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

I forgot to mention earlier and it's probably a bit late now but if any Cork city-based Boardsies are reading this and fancy a lift up and back, PM me and we can arrange a lift. You'll have to organise your own accommodation for the night but that shouldn't be too difficult.

A bit too late alright, but nevermind I'll be ok down here...all on my own...but have a good night anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

July 9/10
    I reckon i'll be in around 6 or so. Depends on whether the Argentina-Germany game finishes after 90 minutes. If it goes to ET & Penalties i'll be a bit later.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Under A Funeral Moon

Other (please elaborate)

Exactly. ;)
    Ah no, it actually is a friend's birthday. See: http://www.facebook.com/PowerslaveMaiden?ref=profile#!/event.php?eid=134150193276877&index=1 :P

Other (please elaborate)
    I'll prob head in about 7/8 myself so

July 9/10
    See ya laters lads, i apologise in advance:pac:

Other (please elaborate)
    heres to a good one lads! (I never did get that max power tshirt done up tho)

I shall be getting the party started in a few. (Im bringing a camera, heres to the "aftermath" pictures thread tomorrow lol)

July 9/10
    The new Fibbers is it?:)

July 9/10
    I'm on my way in now,see yiz soon.

July 9/10
    For Max Power.;)

• Advertisement

Other (please elaborate)
    Great night :)