Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Avoiding paying your child maintenance? You are about to be targeted more so!

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Noreen1 wrote: »
    Terry nappies don't save as much as you might think - nor are they necessarily as good for the environment as you might believe.

Consider the financial cost of washing powder, fabric conditioner, nappy liners, but more importantly, the electricity cost for running a washing machine and tumble dryer. The real cost is in running a tumble dryer, though..........

Then compare the environmental cost of energy usage, since our energy is largely obtained from fossil fuels..... and the possible damage to the environment caused by chlorine based products (You really wouldn't want to hang brown "patchwork" nappies on the line - quite aside from the health risk to the child from fungal infection caused by improperly washed nappies........

All more important than the amount of work involved :D:p

Noreen

FAIL.
    Think again: http://www.littlecomfort.com/index1.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

ntlbell wrote: »
    So the answer is pawn yet another part of parenting on to teachers work load.
    Teaching kids about sex isn't just a parenting issue. It's a social issue for the whole of society.

When you're whinging about all these teen preggo sluts going around getting knocked up without a care in the world, look to what sex education and information is available as well as the availability of contraception - do you know about condoms/pill is?!

Also, as I pointed out earlier, in countries where there is a great inequality in income there are also more teen pregnancies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

K-9 wrote: »
    The only 100% safe method there is, is abstinence!
    Some women who would have been pro abortion before a pregnancy change their opinion when pregnant.
    One sight of the baby while pregnant does changes their mind.

I am against abortion.

It is best to use condoms, or better still lads use a Ovulation Predictor Kits on your one nights stands.

If she fails or deny you to test then walk away unless you want kids with her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Teaching kids about sex isn't just a parenting issue. It's a social issue for the whole of society.

When you're whinging about all these teen preggo sluts going around getting knocked up without a care in the world, look to what sex education and information is available as well as the availability of contraception - do you know about condoms/pill is?!

Also, as I pointed out earlier, in countries where there is a great inequality in income there are also more teen pregnancies.

"teen preggo sluts" WTF?

Deciding at what age your child is thought about sex is a parenting issue, deciding what they're told and what they're not told is a parenting issue.

Calling women who have kids at an early age "teen preggo sluts" maybe we should concentrate on teaching people a bit of tact in schools.

It'd been close to 20 years since I was in a school and there was plenty of sex ed then, I got plenty of it from my parents, I had a child at a young age.

Having some of the most hated group of people in the country give people a lecture on sex/drugs internet usage.

genius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 purest

Melion wrote: »
    Its a joke that a parent on the dole is expected to fork out €65 to their ex for the care of 1 child.

My daughter would probably need €25 to keep her fed and clothed for a week, she's 11 months old next week.

Hey Melion, Im wondering what era you are living in, 25 a week, thats laughable............. you are 50% responsible for your daughter, that means 50% for coughing up financially. its fathers like you that give the good ones a bad name!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

limklad wrote: »
    One sight of the baby while pregnant does changes their mind.

I am against abortion.

It is best to use condoms, or better still lads use a Ovulation Predictor Kits on your one nights stands.

If she fails or deny you to test then walk away unless you want kids with her.
    May I be the first to extend to you a warm welcome to our planet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 purest

dvpower wrote: »
    May I be the first to extend to you a warm welcome to our planet.
    LOL :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mother12

Hi, My ex has paid only one years maintenance for our 8 year old child. He stopped it again a few months ago I have recently found out that he is paying maintenance for his other two children. Where do i stand if i go to court for him to pay maintenance. There is an order that he pays maintenance but everytime i go to court he always give a sob story how he got himself together and been in the dumps and teh judge falls for it. What can I do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

mother12 wrote: »
    Hi, My ex has paid only one years maintenance for our 8 year old child. He stopped it again a few months ago I have recently found out that he is paying maintenance for his other two children. Where do i stand if i go to court for him to pay maintenance. There is an order that he pays maintenance but everytime i go to court he always give a sob story how he got himself together and been in the dumps and teh judge falls for it. What can I do?

talk to your solicitor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 joanne.jo

I can't believe that you are saying that €25 is enough to spend on your daughter per week. Thats a little over 3 euro a day, what do you think you'd get for that?? Step up to the plate and be willing to contribute its a fright that you have to be forced .. do you not want to support your child (melion)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

joanne.jo wrote: »
    I can't believe that you are saying that €25 is enough to spend on your daughter per week. Thats a little over 3 euro a day, what do you think you'd get for that?? Step up to the plate and be willing to contribute its a fright that you have to be forced .. do you not want to support your child (melion)

I would be inclined to agree. €25 per week is excessive imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

SMH, in the "overwhelming majority of cases" the single parents are slappers (women). I lol at them. The only thing is the fellas is scum aswell.

Why not take €65 away from him and give it back to the goverment? It can be spent on investing in things worthwhile, not 4 year old child whose vocabulary is:

Hello,
    How Are You,
    bit*h,
    cu*t,
    Fu*k off,
    Ma,
    Mother,
    Here is the €9.50 for the 20 John Player Blue, my ma is thankful.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

I think the only thing the father of the child (and the mothers ex) should have to pay for would be the childs education tbh. and either look after the child themselves or pay for childcare so the mother can work. I think thats quite sufficent. If he has to pay anymore then 100e max for the first 5-8 years of the childs life should be by far good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭curlzy

Wibbs wrote: »
    Terry nappies for the win. Save a fortune apparently and far better for the environment. More work mind.

I know 3 mothers who tried this money saving technique, they all spent a fortune on doctors bills when they're kid's arses were red raw and infected. True it's good for the environment but they're really really not good for babies bums. Now saying that maybe they were using the wrong washing powder or something but the doctors they went to told them that disposable nappies were invented for a reason, to keep the waste away from the babies delicate bums.

Just something to investigate for anyone thinking of trying out terry clothe nappies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

curlzy wrote: »
    I know 3 mothers who tried this money saving technique, they all spent a fortune on doctors bills when they're kid's arses were red raw and infected.
    They are washing them, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

They are washing them, right?

and changing them once soiled...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

CorkMan wrote: »
    not 4 year old child whose vocabulary is:back to the goverment?

Hello,
    How Are You,
    bit*h,
    cu*t,
    Fu*k off,
    Ma,
    Mother,
    Here is the €9.50 for the 20 John Player Blue, my ma is thankful.

:rolleyes:

Is government in your vocabulary?

Every other person on the planet has the same value as you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

candy-gal1 wrote: »
    I think the only thing the father of the child (and the mothers ex) should have to pay for would be the childs education tbh. and either look after the child themselves or pay for childcare so the mother can work. I think thats quite sufficent. If he has to pay anymore then 100e max for the first 5-8 years of the childs life should be by far good enough.

What if there is more than one child involved? I come from a one parent family and i paid for my college education. One of my parents walked away which left my other sick parent to look after 5 kids.. How does that parent, who is ill go out and work? And as far as i know, you don't stop growing at 5-8 years of age, did you forget about how expensive things can be when parents have teenagers?

It takes two to tango so i do think both should pay equal amounts. For absolutely everything. Why should the buck stop with education? So you can have a good education but sorry there's nothing for dinner tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

joanne.jo wrote: »

She must be raising the child in China.

That or using one nappy a day, not bathing the child, not clothing the child, letting the child sleep in a drawer, and breastfeeding.

Or both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

goose2005 wrote: »
    Woman doesn't want the responsibilities of parenthood - hands child over for adoption, no more obligations. Or has abortion, and no more obligations. Or murders the child and avoids jail (so long as baby is under 12 months, prison is very unlikely).

Man doesn't want the responsibilities of parenthood - tough ****, that'll be €300,000. BE A MAN.

It's probably a waste of everybodys time to point out the stupidity of this argument, but i'll do it anyway.... Man doesn't want the responsibility of parenthood.... man shouldn't have child, either should woman....contraception equals not having to choose between adoption, abortion or infanticide. Jesus christ!!!
    Also, assuming the maintainence is paid until the kid is 21, 300K would come to €275/week. Bit high don't you think? Maybe don't feed that kid to the dingos just yet, eh!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

Its a joke that a parent on the dole is expected to fork out €65 to their ex for the care of 1 child.

My daughter would probably need €25 to keep her fed and clothed for a week, she's 11 months old next week.

Its a joke that a parent on the dole who would skimp on their child's welfare is given AT LEAST €196 a week + rent allowance + medical card for the care of 1 adult.

The parent would probably need € 60 to keep him/her fed and clothed for a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

jayo11 wrote: »
    No she didnt want a deposit for the school as i said she asked for money to buy a uniform and books.I dont mind paying for my child but thats just taking the piss.The point im trying to make is that women have all the rights and the men have no say so therefore some women just think they can do what they like eg she doesnt give me the child and no one cares i dont give her maintenance and i get solicitor letter telling me i will be brought back to court and so on,but i suppose it is what it is and i just have to put up with it

Why not take your kid(s) with you and buy the uniforms and books ? That way you know she won't get it and the kids don't suffer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Big Jim25

So how much should i have to pay?
    I know how much it takes to feed her etc for the week/month. Nothing close to €65

Thats bull**** mate i have a 7 month old and it costs more than 65 a week and that includes rent, heating, electricity, food and clothes also runing a car to get her around get your head out of your ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Big Jim25 wrote: »
    Thats bull**** mate i have a 7 month old and it costs more than 65 a week and that includes rent, heating, electricity, food and clothes also runing a car to get her around get your head out of your ass.

His kids in college by now:cool:

Advertisement