Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC and Steam (20.06.10)

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Dublin North here same problems. Called them and they told me there is no problems. Wasn't surprised with that answer. Starting to become like eircom not admitting fault or saying nothing is wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭circos

IrishTonyO wrote: »
    Why the hell can't UPC make life easy for us and have a service status page, we can check to see about problems like this. Half the sites I am trying to access are unavailable, not found, or timing out. It has been happening since mid afternoon.

I agree 100% but sure its not like they will listen to suggestions. Anyone ring them? I cant face talking to them anymore.

Dublin North here same problems. Called them and they told me there is no problems. Wasn't surprised with that answer. Starting to become like eircom not admitting fault or saying nothing is wrong.

So they are just pretending nothing is wrong...nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

Traceroutes to certain US networks failing in USA, looks like on UPC infrastructure. This is a portion of a traceroute to slashdot.org:

<pre>
    4 089-101-174158.ntlworld.ie (89.101.174.158) 8.301 ms 104.198 ms 10.696 ms
    5 84-116-130-237.aorta.net (84.116.130.237) 123.624 ms 123.083 ms 119.596 ms
    6 us-was03a-rd1-xe-1-3-0.aorta.net (84.116.130.70) 118.395 ms
    us-was03a-rd1-xe-0-3-0.aorta.net (84.116.130.66) 165.023 ms 133.470 ms
    7 us-was02a-rd1-gi-9-0-0.aorta.net (84.116.130.153) 122.497 ms 129.941 ms
    us-was02a-rd1-gi-6-0-0.aorta.net (84.116.130.157) 134.403 ms
    8 us-was02a-ri1-ge-1-0-0.aorta.net (213.46.190.194) 210.200 ms 119.557 ms 149.495 ms
    9 * * *
    10 * * *
    11 * * *
    12 * * *
    </pre>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 stijnb

Why do we all have problems with different websites?

All mentioned sites work fine, except for steampowered.com?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Landa2

Ive noticed this happening on more than just steampowered.com.. the timing of this really couldn't be any worse tbh,

has there been any updates from UPC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

im having alot of trouble with random sites.

hopefully its not going to be a long term thing.

http://twitter.com/WeAreUPC

irish twitter..

there is a recorded message saying that they have issues with accessing american sites (recorded at 8pm) and they are working on a solution.. Then to call back later for updates on the issue..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

not able to log into PSN because of this :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Almwitch

So feckin' irritating this is. Can't go onto PSN. And I was in the middle of a fairly deep conversation on a forum with a huge reply and the internet decided to die when I was 2 seconds from submitting! Now the site won't load. Luckily copied to a notepad file but I've been waiting for hours now, too many so not really feeling like posting at this stage. Buzz kill. They better hurry up and sort this out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Xanem

I'm hoping this isn't false alarm but i seem to be able to connect to store.steampowered.com again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Jimmy_micky

WHAT THE LATEST,ANYBODY BEEN ON TO UPC THE LAST HOUR?

steam is responding now...

Getting ping responses from steam finally..

Yep, just logged in.. its finally back..

not able to log into PSN because of this :(

After a few attempts over the past hour i was unable to log in, however around two minutes ago i got in, originally i was thinking it just needed a few attempts but considering there are other posts from the past few minutes saying things are working for them again i'm starting to think now it was just good timing with my last attempt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

Yeah looks like it is solved getting through the sites now that I couldn't before.

After a few attempts over the past hour i was unable to log in, however around two minutes ago i got in, originally i was thinking it just needed a few attempts but considering there are other posts from the past few minutes saying things are working for them again i'm starting to think now it was just good timing with my last attempt

Scratch that.... i spent the time from that message until now trying to get a game of WC 2010, connection with everyone was horrendous, never rising above red and button commands taking 5 second to register, so bad i've given up without even having a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Polar101

Haven't had problems in the last hour or so.. PSN and Steam work normally now.

Polar101 wrote: »
    Haven't had problems in the last hour or so.. PSN and Steam work normally now.

Yes the PSN was working after 11, but did you try play any games?, the lag was unplayable, and i must have went through 20+ potential opponents, on a normal day i might get that response from 1 in 20(if even that bad, last time i saw it that bad was when i had my laptop open and i was downloading. Everything else was turned off earlier though, but response time was 3/4/5 seconds per command, no point of even leaving the team select screen) so there was defo a difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭patch

Anybody else in Galway still having issues playing modern warfare on ps3?
    Everyhing was fine till monday, then couldn't connect to net on ps3. Fine again tues, iffy on wedns.
    Mine is still having issues wont download settings to start a match, will connect if left for 10mins.
    Mw2 seems fine, I assume it uses a different server?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,438 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

patch11 wrote: »
    Anybody else in Galway still having issues playing modern warfare on ps3?
    Everyhing was fine till monday, then couldn't connect to net on ps3. Fine again tues, iffy on wedns.
    Mine is still having issues wont download settings to start a match, will connect if left for 10mins.
    Mw2 seems fine, I assume it uses a different server?

The original issue is now resolved, so whatever's wrong now isn't related so something new is broken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭patch

Spear wrote: »
    The original issue is now resolved, so whatever's wrong now isn't related so something new is broken.

Cheers for that, hopefully someone can shed some light on it.

Advertisement