Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS3 ERROR 80710092 - UPC cisco router

• 20-06-2010 7:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hey guys, i got the cisco EPC2425 router with my new 30mb fiber broadband from UPC, and ive been trying to connect all the devices in my house, so everything was working grand, tried to connect to the playstation network,that was working ok, then later that day i tried signing in again and this error popped up..."an error has occured...you have been signed out(error 80710092)...ive tried everything...im on the verge of a nervous breakdown...help would be VERY much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 TommyUnderwear

Same with myself. It's been like that for the last 2 hours or so. Went on to eurogamer.net and someone else was saying they are having the same issue. Not widespread though, other people are online fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭petejmk

Have you tried forwarding the ports. If not go to portforward.com and look up your router type and follow the instructions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Danny_R

ill try that, but the thing is, it was working grand earlier...just randomly happened

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,236 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

If its happening to others it sounds like a serverside issue; nothing you can do from your end.

also, ive disabled the modems firewall to help with the ping so i dont think its a firewall issue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭johndoe99

same problem here, do a google and iits a widespread problem, hopefully Sony know and are trying to sort it

ive been talking to other people and they have no problems signing in

Well by all means keep trying but it sounds as useful as pulling yourself up by your feet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

I have UPC broadband as well and it's happened to me too. It was working grand yesterday so something must have happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 GavinEire

Danny does a Signal Come up when you go to Internet Settings(If you use wireless?)

• Advertisement

GavinEire wrote: »
    Danny does a Signal Come up when you go to Internet Settings(If you use wireless?)

I don't know about DannyR, but my signal is 100% and I can browse the internet on the PS, I just can't connect to PSN.

Risteard wrote: »
    I don't know about DannyR, but my signal is 100% and I can browse the internet on the PS, I just can't connect to PSN.

Would you have been banned?

What shows up when you go to sign in?

Would you have been banned?

What shows up when you go to sign in?

Can't imagine being banned, don't use a mic so can't abuse players, likewise I don't send messages or glitch.

I just try to sign in and it takes a while and then it says 'error 80710092 has occurred, you have been signed out of playstation network.'

I've googled it and people seem to be saying it's a network problem but no one seems to have a solution.

i can go on the internet grand, on the ps3 and my laptop, just cant connect to the ps3 network
    i have only just gotten the upc, like yesterday,
    the frustrating part is that it was working ok earlier, then it just stopped
    all the posts ive read online are from last year so im not sure that its a universal problem

I sometimes get this too.

Here are a few steps what you can do.

1.Turn your Modem(Broadband Box Off and On)
    2.If it is like my standard Eircom Silver modem it will have a hole were you get a pen and press it down and it will reset(Not reset settings)/
    3.Makesure there is no objects(I.E Mobiles,Radios etc.)
    Try signing in,in a different account/PSn user.It may be your account.
    PSN can be buggy.
    I hope some of my tips help.

I sometimes get this too.

Here are a few steps what you can do.

1.Turn your Modem(Broadband Box Off and On)
    2.If it is like my standard Eircom Silver modem it will have a hole were you get a pen and press it down and it will reset(Not reset settings)/
    3.Makesure there is no objects(I.E Mobiles,Radios etc.)
    Try signing in,in a different account/PSn user.It may be your account.
    PSN can be buggy.
    I hope some of my tips help.

Unfortunately it didn't. Thanks for trying though. I guess I'll just operate a wait and see policy and see if it works tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Iguana Bob

same problem here upc cisco router, psn is only thing not working

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭alang184

I am having the same problem. Thank god I found this thread; now I know what the problem is. I'm on UPC. My connection setup is immaculate, using DMZ host and achieving NAT type II.

Clearly, there is something wrong with the PSN, possibly just IE. Worst bloody possible timing; seriously. I was supposed to do a big online event at 9.30pm. Extremely annoying.

alang184 wrote: »
    Clearly, there is something wrong with the PSN, possibly just IE. Worst bloody possible timing; seriously. I was supposed to do a big online event at 9.30pm. Extremely annoying.

i know its really annoying, have you ever had any problems like this before? must be something on UPC's end, cause psn is definitely up and running with no problems
    btw, what did you have going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭alang184

Danny_R wrote: »
    i know its really annoying, have you ever had any problems like this before? must be something on UPC's end, cause psn is definitely up and running with no problems
    btw, what did you have going on?

Never had this problem before. Typical - PSN is working again for me, now that the event has finished. So it now sounds like a PSN problem probably exclusive to UPC.

The event was a Supercar Challenge event; round 1 of 5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭johndoe99

I tried again at 12.30am to connect to PSN and it worked, ive just finished playing an hour of MW2, and no problems.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Thread in the games section about steam users not being able to connect to steam, and it seems to have also mainly affected UPC users. Appears to have been a problems with the Tier 1 network provider company Level3. I presume since other ISPs like eircom seem to have been unaffected, they must route such traffic slightly differently.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055945635

Did you get the issue resolved mate?

Well, mine was working grand the following morning. Must have been something down UPC's end.

ya dont say.

Advertisement