Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SKS resurrected!

Options
  • 20-06-2010 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

I picked up a yugo M59/66 SKS barreled action.
    I managed to get my hands on an M59 halfway decent stock thats been cleaned up and varnished.
    I added a scout scope mount that replaces the rear sight from scoutscopes.com
    Its been topped with a 4x pistol scope from Nikon.
    I'm really liking this setup for hogs

4718301100_59636f3a43_b.jpg

heres a close up of the scope mount, its rock solid, probably the best mount for an SKS without drill and tapping.

4717643353_f46fd59f9d_b.jpg

I've got a muzzle brake from ricksmuzzlebreaks.com coming in on monday or so, until then thats a thread protector from a VZ58

4717661333_6e32efb72e.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

harmoniums wrote: »
    I picked up a yugo M59/66 SKS barreled action.
    I managed to get my hands on an M59 halfway decent stock thats been cleaned up and varnished.
    I added a scout scope mount that replaces the rear sight from scoutscopes.com
    Its been topped with a 4x pistol scope from Nikon.
    I'm really liking this setup for hogs

4718301100_59636f3a43_b.jpg

excellent what cal is that, where do you do your hog shooting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭José Alaninho

7.62x39 poulo, unless it's been rechambered (never heard of that myself :confused: )

Edit: fcuking beautiful machine dude, how much did it set you back altogether? Heard they're cheap enough stateside.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭harmoniums

7.62x39 poulo, unless it's been rechambered (never heard of that myself :confused: )

Edit: fcuking beautiful machine dude, how much did it set you back altogether? Heard they're cheap enough stateside.

Correct, 762x39, the HPs do a quick clean job on the pigs.
    I shoot them in Texas, they're considered vermin there.

The sks barreled receiver was $90, I then spend a further 40 for the trigger group 20 on a bolt and carrier and had a spar gas system lying about
    the stock was 50.

So thats 200 for the rifle.
    The scope mount was 60 and the scope was 150

so $410 all told

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭José Alaninho

Epic price to be fair, I forgot you could just buy all the components over there and build it yourself. Good way to go.

....so how did you go about emigrating again? :o

Epic price to be fair, I forgot you could just buy all the components over there and build it yourself. Good way to go.

....so how did you go about emigrating again? :o

H1B, I work in Semiconductors

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Slav

Very nice SKS! Scout mount seems to be a great idea.
    H1B
    Did you go the hunting licence route or got the Attorney General waiver? Is it straightforward and easy for non-immigrant aliens in Texas?

Slav wrote: »
    Very nice SKS! Scout mount seems to be a great idea.

Did you go the hunting licence route or got the Attorney General waiver? Is it straightforward and easy for non-immigrant aliens in Texas?

I've got a green card now.
    Unsure about hunting on a visa.
    On the 03FFL form (a license to buy and sell collectables and curios) theres a section for non-immigrants to fill out, so I guess they can buy guns.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Slav

I've got a green card now.
    Unsure about hunting on a visa.
    On the 03FFL form (a license to buy and sell collectables and curios) theres a section for non-immigrants to fill out, so I guess they can buy guns.
    I see! Sorry, I was confused by H1B. :)

Advertisement