Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

An on form Barca versus an on form Brazil- who takes it?

• 20-06-2010 8:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭

BARCA

Valdes

Alves
    Puyol
    Pique
    Abidal

Yaya Toure
    Xavi
    Iniesta

Messi
    Pedro
    Villa

BRAZIL

-Cesar

Maicon
    Lucio
    Juan
    Michel Bastos

Silva

Elano
    Melo

Kaka
    Robinho

Fabinho

Who would win?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Brazil..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Brazil..

That was my first thought, but upon further deliberation I say Barca would take it!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

FFS - Barca by a mile but I would say that.

No seriously, Barca are far better.

Barca - Spain would be a better option but then again Spain use 5 Barca players!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Brazil.
    Look what Inter did to Barca. Brazil could do that better, imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

curry-muff wrote: »
    That was my first thought, but upon further deliberation I say Barca would take it!!!

That was actually my third thought on the subject...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

If it wasn't for the back two for Barcelona I probably would have gone with them

baz2009 wrote: »
    Brazil.
    Look what Inter did to Barca. Brazil could do that better, imo.

Absolute Bollix - they have no experience in playing such negative anti-football.

Brazil always play with the ball but against Barca or Spain they wouldnt be good enough to keep it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I'd go Barca as they're a club side and play with each every week.They'd be a much more cohesive unit than an international side, even one of the quality of Brazil or Spain.If the Brazil side were playing week in week out together,I'd favor them though

redout wrote: »
    Absolute Bollix - they have no experience in playing such negative anti-football.

Brazil always play with the ball but against Barca or Spain they wouldnt be good enough to keep it.

:rolleyes:

Dunga has the team very well drilled in defence.
    I'm not saying they'd definately win, but I think they would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Barca no question. Brazil have nobody like Messi. Villa is better than Fabiano. And the difference in midfield is astonishing. Xavi, Iniests, Busquets vs Gilberto, Melo and Elano. Come on........

• Advertisement

baz2009 wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Dunga has the team very well drilled in defence.
    I'm not saying they'd definately win, but I think they would.

I wouldnt agree - as I said no experience in that way of playing.

What Dunga has them do is nothing like Inter done as Brazil still play with the ball.

Oh and :rolleyes: to you too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

I could see this Brazil team stifling the Barca attacks and Brazil's best quality is counter attacking, this game would actually play into the hands of the Brazilians.

Barca no question. Brazil have nobody like Messi. Villa is better than Fabiano. And the difference in midfield is astonishing. Xavi, Iniests, Busquets vs Gilberto, Melo and Elano. Come on........

You're forgetting that we are talking about playing against an on form Kaka!

That and the fact Brazils defence are much better are the reason that I had to think twice before deciding that Barca would win it.

You're forgetting that we are talking about playing against an on form Kaka!

That and the fact Brazils defence are much better are the reason that I had to think twice before deciding that Barca would win it.

If your talking "on form" then I am sorry Barca outscore any team or country on the planet.

If your talking "on form" then I am sorry Barca outscore any team or country on the planet.

Sorry if I didnt make it clear, I was saying Barca would win but, the Barca fanboys here including yourself ;) are making it sound like it would be a walkover, which certainly wouldnt be the case against a defence of Brazils standard and an on form Ricardo Kaka!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

barca were on form coming into the inter game remember and of course barca have experience of playing against a defensive team, capello managed real only a few years ago

brazil would beat barca

Sorry if I didnt make it clear, I was saying Barca would win but, the Barca fanboys here including yourself ;) are making it sound like it would be a walkover, which certainly wouldnt be the case against a defence of Brazils standard and an on form Ricardo Kaka!

eh, "on form" it would be a walkover.

Brazil couldnt match Barca in the firepower department or in midfield so you are relying on their supposed great defence! They would be outscored for fun. You keep saying "on form" - if thats the case just give the ball to Messi and "on form" he destroys you all day long by himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Brazil for me.

They look a seriously solid outfit with plenty skill on the ball, power and no shortage of hard bastards as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,901 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Barca on form would beat anyone imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

eh, "on form" it would be a walkover.

Brazil couldnt match Barca in the firepower department or in midfield so you are relying on their supposed great defence! They would be outscored for fun. You keep saying "on form" - if thats the case just give the ball to Messi and "on form" he destroys you all day long by himself.

yeah brazil couldn't match argentina in the firepower dept either, argentina were on home soil, they had messi, tevez, higuain, augero and Diego Milito up front , barca target masch in midfield

here is how it went

• Advertisement

rossie1977 wrote: »
    barca were on form coming into the inter game remember and of course barca have experience of playing against a defensive team, capello managed real only a few years ago

brazil would beat barca

My recollection of last season read Barca played Inter on four occasions. Beat them twice, drew one and lost one. Even on the occasion Inter won with their total negative play it required dodgy officiating / slice of luck to get the job done despite being the better side on the night. Wasnt one of the goals clearly offside and a second should never have stood because some Inter player had dumped Messi on his arse on the edge of the box ? In the final game at Camp Nou didnt Bojan score in stoppage time but was ruled out for a harsh handball in the build up by Toure which was in no way deliberate as Samuel mis-kicked his clearance straight at him from 2 feet away ? No hand to ball and impossible to prevent. Its all karma at the end of the day as Barca had their luck in the previous seasons Champions league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Barca would hammer them.

yeah brazil couldn't match argentina in the firepower dept either, argentina were on home soil, they had messi, tevez, higuain, augero and Diego Milito up front , barca target masch in midfield

here is how it went

That was a totally pointless post. Argentina aint Barca :confused:

Redout is always great value when someone dare criticise Barca. Before I clicked the thread I knew he'd be the star of the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Even Inter?

Oops, silly me. We already know how that one ended, don't we... :)

That was a totally pointless post. Argentina aint Barca :confused:

Well you're saying that the Barca attack would rape Brazil, imo Argentina have a better attack than Barca.

flahavaj wrote: »
    Redout is always great value when someone dare criticise Barca. Before I clicked the thread I knew he'd be the star of the show.

and I could have bet you would be in here saying the opposite and looking for a reaction ;)

and I could have bet you would be in here saying the opposite and looking for a reaction ;)

You had already obliged in spades before I gave my humble opinion tbh.:)

flahavaj wrote: »
    You had already obliged in spades before I gave my humble opinion tbh.:)

So you admit that you came to troll ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

All those kind of questions/threads sound like something a ten year old would raise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

here is how it went

The Barca midfield is much better than Argentinas IMO.

So you admit that you came to troll ?

Erm where did I say that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Brazil imo.

Barca find it difficult to play through really compact midfields... Brazil have two of the best sitting midfielders in the world in Gilberto and Melo protecting their already world class defence.

Barca play a very high line in defence and are vulnerable to teams that break with pace... Brazil are probably the best at breaking at pace through Fabiano, Robinho and Maicon.

Barca would probably dominate a match in terms of possession stakes, possibly nick a goal too down their right flank, but Brazil would probably get 2 or 3 goals on the break against the run of play.

Advertisement