Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free CAO points here

• 20-06-2010 8:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭

Thought you were finished the leaving? Don't burn that pen just yet. Examathon man says you can just turn up at the ordinary level economics exam having studied it for only 3 or 4 days and get a B. Could be a very handy 40 points. Doesn't matter he says that you haven't registered for economics. Do it! >>>>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9Dyp0kwGEY

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Seeing as I'm already doing the HL economics paper and going for an A/B, this is rather irrelevant to me. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭RyanK

Even HL economics is an easy pass as long as you watch the news and have a very basic knowledge of how the economy runs... Just spend one day studying on graphs and definitions and you'll be grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

If I was completely free this week, I'd actually do it :D alas physics and app maths....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭ajjmk

At 9.30 Wednesday? Nah, I wana sleep-in :p

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭irish_man

I'd nearly try it only i have physics.
    i'd love to try it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

I would totally do this if I didn't finish the day before... Bit of a buzz kill I'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭GVNDNN

I can't imagine somebody getting a B2 even in pass with like 3 days study...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

didnt watch the video, but dont you have to put down your subject choices like months before?
    plus, i have physics monday, spanish tuesday, and i plan on sleepin all day wednesday so not a chance in hell for me doing it xD

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭lc2010

Why don't you's go for the real challenge and take the honours paper which might make that bell curve a bit more favorable for us who are looking for good grades!!!!

Go on if you do it I'll do applied maths or something!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Sorry but what idiot would do that. Sitting an exam in a subject you haven't got a clue about, just for the sake of getting a few extra points. Sorry but the time I would be wasting with that will be going on trying to get my other subject which I have been doing since 5th year up another few grades

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Little issue with this;

You're not registered to sit the exam!

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Mr Cawley

lc2010 wrote: »
    Why don't you's go for the real challenge and take the honours paper which might make that bell curve a bit more favorable for us who are looking for good grades!!!!

Go on if you do it I'll do applied maths or something!!!!!

this man is right
    all boardsies take up pre-arranged subjects

surnames A to D, for example, take one particular unpopular subject and everyone else will fail purposely

e to j take another, everyone else fail

imagine we'd be revolutionaries:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

Would he even clean the stain off the couch!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭lc2010

Would he even clean the stain off the couch!

lol I was thinking the same! I think its after his chemistry prediction!!!!:D

Little issue with this;

You're not registered to sit the exam!

You didn't watch the video did you?

You didn't watch the video did you?

No one cares.

unknown13 wrote: »
    No one cares.

Sorry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tracker-man

I care. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭MaggieNF

I'm pretty sure LCVP is easier marks, you can get 70 pretty easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Ah but theres a project

• Advertisement

true but that takes all of a day, its easy. if you didn't do work experience you can make it all up!

and you have one subject in the bag before the start of the actual leaving! JOB!

MaggieNF wrote: »

more like getting 50 very easy. To get 70 you have to put a bit of work into the exam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

And the people who are finished their leaving, did their 6 honours subjects and their pass maths but oh no they think they failed an honours subject and barely scraped an OD3 in maths. Even if they got an OD2 in economics it could be the 10 points that will get them their first choice in august. They might care

true, but after the project its easier. and the little work goes along way as they say!

MaggieNF wrote: »

This is true. A couple of guys in my class did their projects in two days.

This is true. A couple of guys in my class did their projects in two days.

LOL it is true though, not a bad subject, even though i used to hate it! :P

I loved LCVP class. Our teacher would try and teach us the most boring shít and about half way through the class somebody would mention something about the last Liverpool match. He was obsessed with soccer and would go off on a tangent about it then for the rest of the class. We did nothing for 2 years :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

can I go to skool to sit this exam without putting economics as a subject.

I didn't watch the video.

I loved LCVP class. Our teacher would try and teach us the most boring shít and about half way through the class somebody would mention something about the last Liverpool match. He was obsessed with soccer and would go off on a tangent about it then for the rest of the class. We did nothing for 2 years :D

my teacher was lovely, she taught CSPE in 3rd year, so if you asked about civics(old name) she went off on a huge rant! and we bought exam papers that have nothing wrote in them :(

there is nothing to stop you sitting it but when they make out the results the only go by the subjects on the computer and since it won't have been on the computer, you won't get your grade or result, so kinda pointless.

i think thats how it works

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

Yes you can according to the most experienced bestest prediction strategist in the country who is doing 30 leaving cert subjects this year so he must know what he is talking about

EDIT: If you didn't watch the video then you probably didn't get his 6 page handout which seems to be an important part of doing well in OL economics with 3 days study

Advertisement