Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement for freezer door in fridge/freezer

• 20-06-2010 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Hi,

Just moved to new apartment in galway and I have a fridge/freezer powerpoint sr-133A.
    The freezer door broke off years ago my landlord said to just order one if its not too expensive. I got in contact with Powerpoint appliances and the door+shipping is E41 which seems pretty pricey, and my landlord said not to buy it and he will look into potentially buying a new fridg/freezer or a working used one if he can find one.

Now in the meantime I would try to create a makeshift door for the freezer. I was thinking of getting some Styrofoam somewhere and carve in the outline of the freezer to cover it. Not sure if that would work and styrofoam is certainly not the easiest material to work with.

Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Btw. this is waht the ffridg/freezer looks like iside. Just imagine the freezer door is gone. http://www.adverts.ie/227012/kitchen-and-appliances/stylish-silver-fridge-with-freezer-compartment/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,619 ✭✭✭✭looksee

You can cut polystyrene if you use a very sharp knife and do the minimum cutting. Try and find a sheet that is already flat on two sides (rather than a piece of packing. One of those craft knive with the snap off blades will do it, but use a new blade. Not a stanley knife. Wrap the resulting shape in a couple of layers of tinfoil, then use duct tape to hold it in place, and go round the edges (tesco have a cheap version and also the knives in their 'cheap stuff' boxes).

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭rh5555

Will try that. Thanks for the advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭dathi

you could go to your local electrical shop and ask do they have one out the back in there recycling container there is always loads of fridges might get lucky and get one

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭rh5555

Never thought of that, but thats a good idea. Thanks

Advertisement