Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OGHAM Tattoo

Options
  • 20-06-2010 9:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hello all,

I'm looking to get a tattoo of the "Family" translated to Irish language as "Teaghlach". I want to know how this word is drawn out an if possible looks in the Ogham (Celtic tree language). I have done some research an think i go the correct alphabet but not sure exactly how it is drawn. Any assistance would be gratefully appreciated. thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

A straight vertical line with the appropreiate strokes to spell out the desired word added on, simples.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jaxs19

Thanks....yea I got that but it just seems like their are different variations for the letters "ea" and "ch" so not sure if I should use the strokes of identified letter or the symbol given.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 dawalster

you should be able to find the ogham alphabet online but remember it reads from bottom to top in a vertical line

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

My girlfriend has ogham down her back. I found i font for notepad that outputs ogham as you type to put it together. & to be honest i wouldnt get to caught up in getting it exactly right as its a long dead language & a glance around the internet shows a general consensus but also small variations, nobody is ever going to stop you & go hey that letter is wrong! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 madracatha

heres teaghlach written out both way with th standard alphabet, there are a few different ogham alphabets though and different styles of writing them so id say have a look at a book on it in the library to see which one you prefer

• Advertisement
Advertisement