Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving cert and mumps?!

• 20-06-2010 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hey everybody,i'm new here ,so sorry if If this is in the wrong place or anything .

I got mumps on Friday even after having two doses of the vaccine grrrr(im in the 5 percent even more grrr)
    Its so so painful ,the worst thing ive ever had.But i have my spanish exam on tuesday!!
    It was the first thing I thought of when I was diagnosed I am hoping to do well in spanish points wise,now I can't even study!

Gonna have to contact my school tomorrow,see about an isolated room as obviously if I sat in the hall it could infect others.Do you think they will have me with a proper examiner or a teacher for the school?anybody else get sick during the exams? Just praying il be ok for tuesday! and needed to vent too

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Poor you! This is so annoying but thank your lucky stars that this didn't happen at the start of the exams! They should be able to sort something out for you. Don't worry too much about it, it's only one subject and at least it isn't a 'study-heavy' subject!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

The SEC will accomodate you. You shouldn't receive any problem from the school regarding your request but if you do, know that it is the school's duty to assist you. Contact the SEC direct if there's any probs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Oh God you poor girl that sounds awful :( Best of luck on Tuesday! Your school will realise the impact this will have on you and they'll most likely be as accomodating as possible!

If you are too ill to leave the house they may send an invigilator to your house. As long as they have enough notice to make an arrangement the SEC are very willing to assist.

You may think you will be well enough to leave home but the journey to school could knock the stuffing out of you. I'd do the exam in my bed if I were you. You may think I'm joking but there's students doing the leaving in hospitals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

You are doing the right thing with contacting the school early. The SEC will be able to accomidate you. Get well soon.

Note you will be doing the listen test in the room because they have spare CD's for special centres.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Melissa X

unknown13 wrote: »
    You are doing the right thing with contacting the school early. The SEC will be able to accomidate you. Get well soon.

Note you will be doing the listen test in the room because they have spare CD's for special centres.

Yeah would have called this weekend but of course nobody in the school,and I was only diagnosed the weekend so mondays the earliest I can do!Sure im thinking of other people by not going in to the hall and risking them getting sick,so they better accomoadate me ! worrying about how im even gonna sit it the pain gets excruciating every hour or so :(

You could email the SEC now to get the ball rolling. Maybe they have someone manning emails for emergency situations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Melissa X wrote: »
    Yeah would have called this weekend but of course nobody in the school,and I was only diagnosed the weekend so mondays the earliest I can do!Sure im thinking of other people by not going in to the hall and risking them getting sick,so they better accomoadate me ! worrying about how im even gonna sit it the pain gets excruciating every hour or so :(

Say it to the school, they may be able to get you break allowance. which is you don't lose time for taking breaks but you can only take 20 minutes in total for the breaks.

pathway33 wrote: »
    You could email the SEC now to get the ball rolling. Maybe they have someone manning emails for emergency situations.

Oh found something on their site,that says they understand emergency situations including illness,and your school will be best able to accomodate you on short notice!
    That sounds promising,relief!too sick to be worrying about being accomodated :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Melissa X wrote: »
    Do you think they will have me with a proper examiner or a teacher for the school?anybody else get sick during the exams? Just praying il be ok for tuesday! and needed to vent too

When I was doing mine last year my mate got mumps during it and they put him in an isolated room with a teacher (my mate didn't do any of the subjects the teachers thought, think they had a recorder in the room too).

• Advertisement

When I was doing mine last year my mate got mumps during it and they put him in an isolated room with a teacher (my mate didn't do any of the subjects the teachers thought, think they had a recorder in the room too).

Oh smart,they could give you the teacher with a recorder never thought of that one,I suppose it would work iof they couldnt get a superintendant on time,but im sure there's some kind of backup.

Advertisement