Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

End Of Cash Flow Statements-Accounting

• 20-06-2010 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭

hey can can anyone gimme a hand with the end of the cash flow statement.i have no problem until after i get the increase/decrease of cash.after that i am baffled as to what is going on with the change in net debt etc.

help would be appreciated!:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

its_phil wrote: »
    hey can can anyone gimme a hand with the end of the cash flow statement.i have no problem until after i get the increase/decrease of cash.after that i am baffled as to what is going on with the change in net debt etc.

help would be appreciated!:D
    I haven't looked at cashflows in ages, I will tomorrow, but AFAIK you get the difference between cash+bank+securities-debentures(or -bank too if it's a liability) for the two years and show that the difference corresponds to the increase/decrease in cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Gaga OhLaLa

To get the change in net debt you take the increase/decreases in cash, then add anything that reduces the debt the company owes such as the debentures repaid or government securities.

If more debentures are issued you take them away from the increase in cash coz that would increase the amount you owe..

It should look something like this

Increase in cash xx
    Add debentures repaid xx
    Add govt.securities bought xx
    ___
    Change in net debt xx

Then you find the net debt for the start of the year
    (debentures - cash balance - bank balance - government securities)

And then at the end of the year.
    The difference between the two should equal the net debt.

That was a bit of a complicated explanation but i hope it helps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

To get the change in net debt you take the increase/decreases in cash, then add anything that reduces the debt the company owes such as the debentures repaid or government securities.

If more debentures are issued you take them away from the increase in cash coz that would increase the amount you owe..

It should look something like this

Increase in cash xx
    Add debentures repaid xx
    Add govt.securities bought xx
    ___
    Change in net debt xx

Then you find the net debt for the start of the year
    (debentures - cash balance - bank balance - government securities)

And then at the end of the year.
    The difference between the two should equal the net debt.

That was a bit of a complicated explanation but i hope it helps!
    Thanks! I was a bit rusty on those it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Gaga OhLaLa

I'm a bit rusty on just about everything else!

Advertisement