Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Detector

Options
  • 20-06-2010 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

I hope someone can help me, my misus lost my wedding ring in the yard (gravel covered) today and cannot find it. Does anyone know where I can hire/borrow a metal detector in Limerick?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭ABEasy

foinse wrote: »

Thanks but way too complicated, plus don't have a pocket radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Try smyths toys, bought my boys one a few years ago cheap less than €20, not the greatest item but it worked til the batteries ran out. :D

http://www.toys.ie/Metal-Detector--!A04316-prod.aspx?qwSessionID=a557d51f-f016-4336-b768-30eefdead1b9

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Might be worth buying on ebay and then selling again after vyou've found ring.
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WHITES-CLASSIC-SL-METAL-DETECTOR-/110547083883?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Gadgets&hash=item19bd1ea26b

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭phill106

Argos has a few of them, and they have an excellent return policy!

Open it up, fire it up, find ring, return the next day!

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=30001&catalogId=1500002201&langId=-1&searchTerms=metal+detector

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭kenoconnell

ABEasy wrote: »
    I hope someone can help me, my misus lost my wedding ring in the yard (gravel covered) today and cannot find it. Does anyone know where I can hire/borrow a metal detector in Limerick?

maplin would probably have something handy enough i'm sure...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

I wouldn't hang around in case a magpie or something finds it before you. Maplin was the first place I thought of.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

langdang wrote: »
    I wouldn't hang around in case a magpie or something finds it before you. Maplin was the first place I thought of.
    Where would a magpie get a metal detector?

Roadend wrote: »

Maplins OBVIOUSLY!

PFfttt

Some people...

• Advertisement

phill106 wrote: »
    Argos has a few of them, and they have an excellent return policy!

Open it up, fire it up, find ring, return the next day!

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=30001&catalogId=1500002201&langId=-1&searchTerms=metal+detector

I like your thinking......
    maplin would probably have something handy enough i'm sure...

:eek::eek::eek: Bloody magpies, if they get the ring they can take the wife aswell....

I was down the country today so think tomorrow I'll hit the Childers Road for Maplin and Argos and go looking for treasure, I'll let yea know what I find...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Legend!!!!

OP better buy a Metal Detector Detector too just in case your gravel strikes again!

- Best of luck with it (and the Wife) anyway!

OP here, good news found the ring and 1.24 in coin. In the end I hired one in HSS hire on Gerald Griffin Street. Turns out I'm the 3rd fella this month in with a lost ring looking for a metal detector....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

OP here, good news found the ring and 1.24 in coin. In the end I hired one in HSS hire on Gerald Griffin Street. Turns out I'm the 3rd fella this month in with a lost ring looking for a metal detector....

Put the €1.24 towards some super glue so you can make sure the ring never comes off again. Ever.

Great to have a happy ending - How long did it take ya? Was it the very last patch of gravel you tried - Would have been for me.......

- Any Trabants in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Raiser wrote: »
    Great to have a happy ending - How long did it take ya? Was it the very last patch of gravel you tried - Would have been for me.......

- Any Trabants in there?

Would have been for me too.
    Because I would have stopped after I found it.

Good result!
    How much was rental? Should fine the missus the cost...

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Would have been for me too.
    Because I would have stopped after I found it.

:D

Turns out it was the last place I checked alright. Took about half an hour, I was going to go wild and check the entire garden for treasure but couldn't be bothered in the end.

Cost 25 quid, which was well worth it cos she was not only talking about both of us getting new rings but getting them blessed aswell and knowing how expensive it was first time round it was 25 quid well spent

Do Priests charge to bless rings?

- They're some Crew.

Raiser wrote: »
    Do Priests charge to bless rings?

- They're some Crew.

/inserts naughty peado priest joke here

• Advertisement
Advertisement