Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

MODIFIED INSURANCE !=0

Options
  • 20-06-2010 10:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Bought an Opel Astra other day serious bargain,:D it has 16'' wolfracer alloys.;) Will this be insured as modified or whats the story?:eek: and how much will be insurance rise by??..:eek: would it be a good idea too put in an induction kit into the astra without telling the insurance peepscool.gif :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

your insurance company are the only people really who can give you figures on how much your insurance will be effected by.

it's not a good idea to not tell your insurance company about modifications as they might not pay out for damage to your car if you have an accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

all modifications should be declared to the insurance company as it could cost you dearly if you had a crash , alloy wheels wont make much of a difference when declared provided you havent changed the size too much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 sir_

all modifications should be declared to the insurance company as it could cost you dearly if you had a crash , alloy wheels wont make much of a difference when declared provided you havent changed the size too much
    True true.. the modifacations will include:
    tinted windows
    alloys
    blocked out number plates
    stickers. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭skibum

If your wheels are nicked and you decide to make a claim off your insurance but you havn't told your insurers that they are not the originals, they most likely will not pay out for them.

The other "modifications":rolleyes: ie tinted windows, blocked out number plates & stickers. should make absolutely no difference to your policy / premium.

An induction kit could probably be considered as an engine modification and should be declared.

On the other hand when I had my last car mapped I declared it to my insurers and it made no difference to my premium.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

sir_ wrote: »
    tinted windows
    alloys

Do you have experience that these mods will affect your insurance, or are you just being a smartass?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭martydunf

What exactly do you mean by blocked out number plates? Is that even legal?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

I think we may see the OPs car in another thread on here if he's not careful ;)

You'll only be able to get a very light tint on the front windows for the NCT. It'll hardly make it worth doing.

I'm not sure what you mean by blocking out the plates but if they aren't fully visible you'll get pulled. Once you get pulled they'll spot that the plates aren't legal and make you change them.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭RobertM

tinted windows
    alloys
    B00MSTICK wrote: »

You'll only be able to get a very light tint on the front windows for the NCT. It'll hardly make it worth doing.

I'm not sure what you mean by blocking out the plates but if they aren't fully visible you'll get pulled. Once you get pulled they'll spot that the plates aren't legal and make you change them.

Like this one ? :pac:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055281815

B00MSTICK wrote: »

Oh ur so funny **** stick

martydunf wrote: »
    What exactly do you mean by blocked out number plates? Is that even legal?:confused:
    course it is.. the letters are in block-simple

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Oh ur so funny **** stick

Banned for 3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Lighten up, only rising you :D

By letters in block do you mean german style font?

Advertisement