Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadband questions

• 20-06-2010 10:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,555 ✭✭✭✭

im hoping my exchange will come enabled this month (just needs activation)
    I cant get a straight answer out of eircom regarding a specific date but iv been told this month but we know what eircom are like

anyway

iv no phone point in my games room but there's a couple in the house alright. Is there any point of installing a phone point in my room or will a wireless router do the same job? Is there any difference between phone point and wireless router(whats better is what i mean)

forgive me I dont know much about this stuff

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,555 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

cheers for the reply Condi

your right i hope to be using my ps3 and laptop on it
    my house has just standard phone cord, im a bit confused on the majority of your post :o

what i thought would happen is eircom upgrade the phone sockets and i hook the wireless router up to it (so Ethernet cable from phone socket to router) and that would send the signal upstairs to me room

edit

regarding the engineers working at the exchange they dont know either, they're waiting for activation so office stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭ninjasurfer1

google power plugs if u don't want to use wifi or if u're too far from the router.otherwise, as condi said, wifi should be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

google power plugs if u don't want to use wifi or if u're too far from the router.otherwise, as condi said, wifi should be fine.

I think you mean Home Plugs rather than power plugs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,555 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

thanks for the help lads so far

just another 2 question

if i can get broadband, i would hope to play online games and download a few stuff so the cap must be high

what eircom package & speed would be good for gaming?

edit

what providers will come to my exchange? Im presuming vodafone will be there, anyone else ?

Advertisement