Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need Motivation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

There does not seem to be much ( if any ) enjoyment in your training VR,that would bother me as for me,thats the number 1 aim in the whole thing,your obviously a grinder and that keeps you going...fair play to you.

If i had to grind out as many runs as you do i think i would pack it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

Sosa wrote: »
    There does not seem to be much ( if any ) enjoyment in your training VR,that would bother me as for me,thats the number 1 aim in the whole thing,your obviously a grinder and that keeps you going...fair play to you.

If i had to grind out as many runs as you do i think i would pack it in.
    As with missing a week and cant run this weekend I wasnt going to get it in so i had to do it today. Plenty of enjoyment. Berlin is the aim and have stamina galore. Speed is my problem. Just need a 15 at pmp. Hard to get time to do everything. What is my pmp i dont know.

thats good to hear VR,best of luck in the last few weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

As with missing a week and cant run this weekend I wasnt going to get it in so i had to do it today. Plenty of enjoyment. Berlin is the aim and have stamina galore. Speed is my problem. Just need a 15 at pmp. Hard to get time to do everything. What is my pmp i dont know.

Have to say from reading your logs the past couple of years, you have more stamina than anyone here. You always seem to find it, to pull the sessions out of wherever. "I need motivation"? Find those 15xPMP miles somewhere in the next two weeks, you have the ability, do you have the capacity?

Have to say from reading your logs the past couple of years, you have more stamina than anyone here. You always seem to find it, to pull the sessions out of wherever. "I need motivation"? Find those 15xPMP miles somewhere in the next two weeks, you have the ability, do you have the capacity?
    would love to do 20 tbh. did it last year and it gave me great confidence. I knew on the day i would do it. If op goes well I will take a alf day next tuesday and do it. Get it out of the way.

• Advertisement

Went in for the scope and pigged out the friday and sat so sunday I was sick as a pig. Tried to run but couldnt manage much. Managed 2.5 miles so a disaster. Decided there and then no rubbish(for 4 weeks(wheat) and hopefully lose 7ibs.

monday
    15 miles on the threadmill with 13.1 in 83 minutes HR max 162 at 1% gradient. Stomach still dodgy but got away with it.
    Tuesday
    5 miles easy with 30 min core/weights

Wednesday
    14 miles with 2 x 2.5 miles at 6.08 pace which was alot harder than it should have been. Supposed to to a 3 one but was wrecked. Managed a 3.17k on the way home with a few fast 300m. All in all a decent day on dead legs.
    30 min weights/core and swimming
    Thursday
    8 miles easy with 8 x 300m at 5k pace. This was because yesterday wasnt great.
    Friday
    60 min weights/core

Sat
    Stomach not great this morning due to eating late(a little wheat) but i had to do the 15 at mp.
    15 miles @6.36 pace with 3.5 miles warm down. After a tough week i was very happy with this. What is marathon pace i dont know. Depends on dropping a few ibs and this time I am motivated. Before I thought a taper was 2-3 weeks and I could eat what i wanted and I mean that. I once put on 7 ibs oin the olast three weeks. This time I hope to go the other way. Woulod love ot drop 2 ibs a week. This week I have had my best 7 days in years while eating plenty it was all good.
    I felt strong this am but still dont know what marathon pace is.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Great week Village runner, and great to see the 15 miles @6:36 which is a superb run. You know this yourself, but don't lose the weight too quickly, or it could adversely impact your performance. Looks like you're bang on track. Tomorrow, three weeks from now, the dirty deed will be done, and it'll be time to tuck into the pints and relax.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭tisnotover

Wednesday
    14 miles with 2 x 2.5 miles at 6.08 pace which was alot harder than it should have been. Supposed to to a 3 one but was wrecked.

Very good week !

I'm just wondering about how close you did the 2*2.5mile session to the 13.1 you did on Monday. Another day spaced out and you might have got better quality ?

tisnotover wrote: »
    Very good week !

I'm just wondering about how close you did the 2*2.5mile session to the 13.1 you did on Monday. Another day spaced out and you might have got better quality ?
    Agree 100 per cent. Was supposed ot do mondays session sunday but as i went mad eating wheat I couldnt manage it.
    I had to do that one wednesday because with the all ireland sunday AGAIN i had to do the long one sat at pace. So a bad session wednesday wasnt that bad if you know what i mean.
    Ideally itwas sunday wednesday saturday.........
    I hope it aint a draw tomorrow as replAY is day of marathon. I suppose the closest Tipp will get to us is walking around behind the Artane boys band. They are the enemy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭seanynova

I suppose the closest Tipp will get to us is walking around behind the Artane boys band.

dont know about that, last years match was prob the best game of hurling in recent times! and if it wernt for a VERY inform ryan and a VERY VERY dodgy penelty decision, tipp would have won!

here's hoping for a cracking match anyway.....

• Advertisement

by the way, good training sessions there.....you must be happy heading into the last few weeks in form.....

Took of sunday and monday due to hangovers.........
    Tuesday 5 x 800 at 5.25 pace. Feiced these up to be honest. First 200 was against the wind and continuede to go too hard for hte first 200.
    Total 10km

Wednesday
    7 miles very easy
    Thursday
    7 miles with 3 miles hard am 6 miles easy pm
    Friday Off
    Sat 9 miles with 10k with a mate at 7 min mile pace.

Sunday 5 miles easy 10.3 miles @ 6.35 pace 1 mile easy.......

after a previous good week I fell of the wagon this week. Two weeks to go and counting. What will be will be.
    Marathon pace still unsure.

That 15 miles @6:36 suggests you're good for that and better anyway. Why not go out at the pace, and pick it up from half way? Only two weeks to go. Time to take ir handy and keep it sensible.

Monday
    8 miles easy
    Tuesday
    Off
    Wednesday 11.5 miles with 2 x 3k tempo(3.46) with 3 min rec..........

Friday 8 miles easy
    Sat 14 miles very easy....
    Tuesday 6 miles easy with 3 x 1200m at max 153 hr...........

Finding it hard to stop eating. alot of carbs been eaten

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

Finding it hard to stop eating. alot of carbs been eaten

Put the food down. You know you are probably eating too much so take the sensible decision and reduce intake. This really isn't rocket science :)

Friday/Saturday is time enough for carb-loading, with Sunday reserved for carb over-loading. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

Friday/Saturday is time enough for carb-loading, with Sunday reserved for carb over-loading. :)

I usually get marathon envy when others are running and I've no marathon in the pipeline. This year is different for some reason. The only thing I'm envious about is the post marathon piss up you lads have arranged. Bastards.

Three months training for one pissup. It better be a good one!

best of luck on sunday, give it socks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭tisnotover

All the best at wknd, looking forward to the report ! If things gret tough, just think of the piss-up after as motivation :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Best of luck now (not that ya need it )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

Your log has been strange from the get-go, you were doubting your motivation from the start. There's no doubt about your talent, you pull these crazy training runs from nowhere, hitting absurd times- always look forward to your updates because they are so different to the other logs. I'm really interested to see what you do in Berlin, coz your ingredients are very different to the other guys training recipes.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

All the best to you in Berlin VR.

Your log has been strange from the get-go, you were doubting your motivation from the start. There's no doubt about your talent, you pull these crazy training runs from nowhere, hitting absurd times- always look forward to your updates because they are so different to the other logs. I'm really interested to see what you do in Berlin, coz your ingredients are very different to the other guys training recipes.

Best of luck!

+1 on this,your training log is one i always read...sometimes i wonder how the hell you do those long tempo runs...
    Ease into it as youhave been saying recently that you dont know what your MP is,maybe you will find out around half way and push on...

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭bart simpson

best of luck VR, you have worked hard all year, enjoy as much of it as much of it as possible and show the course what you have! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭pgmcpq

good luck Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Gringo78

All the best in Berlin. You've run through such torture with the stomach over the last year I think you'll find this a walk in the park

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Best of luck in Berlin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭eon1208

Very best of luck on Sunday

Advertisement