Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need Motivation

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

No bother to ya VR, the very best of luck. Have a great one!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

have a good one!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Friday 8 miles easy
    Sat 14 miles very easy....
    Tuesday 6 miles easy with 3 x 1200m at max 153 hr...........

Finding it hard to stop eating. alot of carbs been eaten

Youre some Buachaill for the grub VR. Listen good luck, let me know how she goes for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 calidude

Very best of luck over there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

Thanks for all the kind words.
    2.55 pace is the plan. Hopefully the tummy dont play up and then if i dont do it i dont do it.
    Strange log from a strange fella. Want to pace 3.15 but never really lost the weight. Still I am lighter than I was last year. P%ssing down here and was watching a few fallers in the inline skating. Met eillwellech with his number and heading up to meet Peckham now in 5 min.

Anything over 3 is a disaster. I have bought enought bars today and cakes for after the race. I want ot break the habit of smoking after marathons.

2010 has been the worst to date. Apart from a 4 miler in waterford I havent raced well and that was after 120 miles cycling over 3 days for a non cyclist.
    So I have trained well and am strong as a ox stamina wise. I reckon I can maintain that pace for 20 miles anyway and fight like fcuk for the last 10km.
    I love the last 10k. When the pain and the stoimach is in ribbons that you cant swallow a jelly. This is the 3rd year in a row to do berlin but with a 3rd baby on hte way next year it will be my last for a while.:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

2.55 pace is the plan

I love it when a plan come together !

2:54:40 chip time...well done VR,truly well deserved

Looking forward to the report

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

+1 to that. Great running VR. Brilliantly executed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭tisnotover

2.55 pace is the plan.

Nailed it, well done VR! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

great run! bang on target.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

Congratulations VR. Cracking time, enjoy the craic.

• Advertisement

Woke up at 3am and that was all i slept. Txting a few lads form the bar for the crack to pass an hour. Got up at 5.30. Big bowel of gluten free muesli that tastes like wallpaper without the glue. Peach and banana orange juice ot get the stomach working. Put on the hr and 80 was the resting Hr. Fcuk.
    Went to start at 7.15am and dropped the bag and had the usual dump in the field along with thousands of others.
    I had a great starting position from 20 yds from the front. Plan was to ease into it but I found myself going a little faster. Found the kms all over the place to be honest. Krusty passed me at 4k with a smile to say I wasnt going to taske him today. I could have stayed with him until 30k but would have to walk the rest. Stuck to my own game plan. Carried a powerade for 10k. Energy bar at 12k that i used on hte bike and with no chocolate it didnt taste as nice. Another 2 gels in nxt 8k that worked a treat. Plan was to get to halfway in 1.27.30 odd. Hit it in 1.27.25 I think. Heart rate for first 5k was wicket high at 163 odd which made me rather nervous and thinking that if i ran sub 3 i would be happy.
    All of a sudden It was staying steady at 158 odd which got the confidence up. Took another gel at halfway as I was meeting a girl with a bag. Took the water and got down the gel. Hit 25k on target but stonach was causing me problems. Here we fcuking go again was my initial thinking.
    I decided here and then that I wont eat any more. Kept hitting the targets and found it hard to run with anyone as runners were slowing so I had to pusah on my own. Stomach was getting worse by 36k when I met my friend with a bottle of powerade. Didnt want to nt take it so I took it and dumoped it up the road. At 40 k I had a go at 2.53 but after half a km I realised I was shagged so I stayed steady to the finish to run 2.54.

I have to be happy.
    Had a right party after it going to KFC on two occasions. Wont be back nxt year but 3 in a row so cant complain,
    Got my time to pace dublin so I better give up the cigs again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭seanynova

well done again VR....good run after little sleep, stomach probs etc....and kind of up and down training.....sub2:55 is very good going considering!

see you in dublin hopefully....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Delighted for ya - well done sir!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

Wont be back nxt year but 3 in a row so cant complain

Not going to go for 4 in a row? I mean we know 5 in a row will never happen but why not 4 ;)

Brilliant run, brilliant result and couldn't happen to a more deserving runner. Enjoy the beers and enjoy pacing DCM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Speedy44

what the hell were ya worried about, no bother to ya !
    Congrats on a great run VR.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Well done on a great run VR, fab return for the effort. Top Job!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

Congrats on a fantastic time. Great going.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Good man Dave, I was delighted when I heard about the 2:54. You really were put through the wringer this year so to pull that time out of the bag shows a lot of balls. Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭liamo123

Fair play VR....Brillant time

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Fantastico!!

• Advertisement

Didnt sleep much sunday night as was on a high. Got up at 5.30 to go outside for a ciggie(giving up thursday before i get dogged by roadrunner amongst others). I got talking to two spanish boys. They looked like 2 2.40 runners. We talked about running. They said they ran the marathon. One in 2.55(83 to halfway) and one in 2.57. They asked how i got on. As I inhaled the cifgarette I said 2.54. They thought I was taking the mick. I showed them my watch to prove it. He kinda looked me up and down as if to say how could you run 2.54....It made me think how could i.........Only then did it really sink in. I wont class myself as a decent runner until I go sub 2.50. The potential is there. Hopefully the nxt log wil have more discipline that the last one. I was thrilled with what i got so dont get me wrong. Its all about raising the bar. Its like I hold something back re weight so I know I can do better nxt time.
    I will say it here and now if i get to 12st 7ibs I will go a good bit below it. I want to put that in writing so I have put the rope out there. I love putting myself under pressure. Since last night I have been laying the foundations to get the go ahead to go again. I love berlin and I want to go back. Sat I was def not going. Tuesday and there is hope. This is the last of my current log.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

Didnt sleep much sunday night as was on a high. Got up at 5.30 to go outside for a ciggie(giving up thursday before i get dogged by roadrunner amongst others).

I love berlin and I want to go back. Sat I was def not going. Tuesday and there is hope. This is the last of my current log.

I hope to do Berlin next year, when you go sub 2.50 I'll light both our cigars :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭asimonov

great run at the weekend...

2:50 *cough* is the softest target ever, you'll easily pick up 7" a km over a year....then again i suppose you didn't say how far sub 2:50

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭heffsarmy

Just catching up on your log, fair play too you and totally deserved after all the hard training. Would'nt say there are too many smokers out there that could run a marathon in 2.54, well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭dermCu

Fair play VR. Hopefully you'll get a trouble free shot at 2:50 and smash it to bits. The talent is there, you have the motivation now - all that's left is the hard slog.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Abhainn

I hope to do Berlin next year, when you go sub 2.50 I'll light both our cigars :)

Fairplay to you Village runner. I think you could go sub 2:50. You've got the thickness to do it.

BTW a nice XO brandy would go perfectly with that cigar. :)

Sub 2:50 is very doable VR,i was in sub 2:55 shape in Cork,just didnt realise it until after the race.
    My next marathon...2012 will be sub 2:50 at a minimum...we will see how things pan out.

Well done again...great quote from abhainn "you have the thickness for it"......of course meaning determination,stubborness and the pure will to keep going.
    I could do with a dose of that,something i am lacking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

Just saw on the Mallow thread about your new arrival- congrats VR!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Gringo78

Congrats VR. You need to shift that baby weight now.

• Advertisement

Congrats VR.....hope all is well

Advertisement