Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fas Workplace Faux Pas

Options
  • 20-06-2010 10:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

I have been on Ce scheme for just over one year and have been working with co-workers,ranging from alcoholics to drug users and i have looked at the terms and conditions for ce eligiblity and even ex criminals(whatever that means) can apply for these jobs,some are reffered.I know there are a lot of companies who enter into a contract with FAS,and are happy to support fas workers and the fas supervisors(who earn 800+ pw),REGARDLESS OF THE SITUATION,i think this is a farce,as there is a certain biasedness amongst the company getting FREE LABOUR and the FAS GOVERNMENT BODY,who also BENEFIT from this agreement,which makes any workplace BIASED AND UNEQUAL.The supervisor who got the job in FAS where i currently work, is an ex con himself,and has acted nothing but unprofessional in his ''line of duty'',i had know him some years back,and he is a complete psycho,and should not be a supervisor,but all these jobs are on pull.You do not need any qualifications to be a FAS supervisor.If you look at blogs on the internet you will see complaints about fas,from other past and present ce scheme workers,i was in a situation where i was accosted by one member of staff in a low level physical intimidation,and insulted and abused in front of other collegues and members of the public were also present who was about to apply for a job there,when i complained to fas they just made a record of the complaint,i am in the process of taking it to step 2 which involves writing a letter to the fas complaints service(i am sure they will be of help),and if that doesn't work,i will write to the fas complaints commission(a better and more sound option available),and place a follow - up phone call..
    The Ce Scheme really is only too keep the government looking good,when you look at welfare statistics in ireland THEY DO NOT COUNT Ce workers.
    Should there be a better unemployment service out there,which in a non goverment based?

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Hi there, welcome to boards. I'm afraid that the Help Desk is only for people experiencing difficulties with the site or querying moderator decisions. I'm not really sure which forum you're looking for tbh, but maybe you could try the Work & Jobs forum or, if you're just looking to vent, apply for access to the Ranting & Raving forum by sending a PM to dr.bollocko, keefg or LZ5by5.

Advertisement